Question about fan switches

Janis

True Classic
Are these switches interchangeable? Or obe of them is "closed" the other is "opened" while cold?
78E9515C-DAF3-4463-8510-C74CB2B4AD82.png
9EC33A86-9F73-4590-9BA4-5D1DB701E156.png

Is this for your turbo X? If so skip it. -The aftermarket ECU will most likely handle it. I kept the stock unit on mine just because it worked and to avoid extra cabling and relay.

No, it is for my friend's miata.
FAE 36660 is out of stock in Latvia at every shop. Just looking for alternatives. Tought that could use 37610 with some "wiring adapter"

On mine X ecu is goingt to operate fans, at least was told so.

I assume the weather in Latvia is as bad as here currently? Summer is over and cooling fans not really needed so order and wait. Otherwise best chance is that a sensor from another Japanese car manufacturer fits/works w/o modifications.

I assume the weather in Latvia is as bad as here currently? Summer is over and cooling fans not really needed so order and wait. Otherwise best chance is that a sensor from another Japanese car manufacturer fits/works w/o modifications.
It is ~+20C at best, autumn has started.
Thanks, I'll just order it on ebay..

Looking at the info for those two sensors, it does appear that one of them is "normally closed" and the other is "normally open", but I'm not clear which is which, nor how to adapt one that's reversed. Also consider the electrical connector will have to be modified if it isn't the same. Is there a Miata forum with suggestions for optional sensors that can be used?

For the aftermarket ECU's (not your friends Miata), I believe most of them can be calibrated to use almost any temp sensor. But you'll need to know the values for that sensor to input into the ECU program. Over here where the MegaSquirt ECU is so popular they usually use a very common temp sensor from GM (American) cars. The values are well known and the sensors are easy to get anywhere for little money.

I joined MX5 group on facebook.
I haven't seen so immature car comunity yet :D even BMW e36 forums is not so sad.

Got there answers on few questions very fast, like in seconds, but that comunity is so big, that it's like trash bin that is overloading fast with inappropriate content.

But question about alternatives on fan switches there, discussion went side way. Immature sideway :D

Back