Rarest 850 Item I have for sale. Center Consol

Had a metal version of that in my 850 Sport Coupe when I picked it up.

It was the first thing I pulled out of the car and dumpstered. I can't say that I regret it...

This one being plastic would be much nicer, having a place for a radio in the car would be good.

Good luck with the sale :)

I only thought it was rare or odd cause I never seen one before... And since it came in my race car I didnt see the point. Hope it finds a cool home. And watch the sale it may set the price for one on eBay. Maybe they only came on the early cars. I dont remember them on the later ones..:)

how many ebay seller accounts do you have? i thought you were unobtainium?

I have one in my 67

It came with the car. I had no idea that is was a rare item though.
DSCN0602_zps39bc21d1.jpg

Yup!

Had a metal version of that in my 850 Sport Coupe when I picked it up.

I have one of the metal (aluminum with black crinkle finish) consoles similar to this, they were an optional item offered by Rich Motors Fiat/Abarth back in the day (page 4 of their 1969 catalog). I'll likely install it in my 850 Sport Coupe when the time comes to redo that car. :)

The plastic consoles like the one being offered were not a factory Fiat part, they were an aftermarket item made by AMCO & a few other makers, the AMCO one being most "popular" here in the USA (mainly because many USA Fiat dealers offered the AMCO line of accessories on the side).

I have one of the metal (aluminum with black crinkle finish) consoles similar to this, they were an optional item offered by Rich Motors Fiat/Abarth back in the day (page 4 of their 1969 catalog). I'll likely install it in my 850 Sport Coupe when the time comes to redo that car. :)

Yup that was the one. The lady who owned my car prior to me had covered it with wood grain shelf paper/vinyl. It was a thing to behold :(

Uncommon, yes very uncommon

When I was looking for parts for my 850 Spider I started looking for the radio/speaker console, and/or the Abarth Racer console. I was able to find quite a few of the radio console ones, maybe 5-6 over a one year period, but only one was in decent shape and only two had both the radio and speaker. One guy had NOS and wanted $ 450. LOL.

The radio/speaker setup is mono by the way, no stereo. That was a show stopper for me, since I was not looking to make it "stock" and if I was going to put a radio in it, wanted something that was audible and sounded good. I've decided to listen to the engine instead on this car...the X got the good stereo. :)

Happily I found a Racer (Abarth hardtop) console, it's far longer than the stock one, even with the radio component added, and with a cool tween inlay in the vinyl. Has a storage compartment and a spot for the voltmeter to boot. THAT Racer console one is very, very rare. Haven't seen more than one other in two-three years for sale.

I'm still looking for the Racer driver and passenger fronts in anyone has them. Couple of pics of the Racer console in this thread for anyone that is not familiar with it.

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/13705/

Last edited by a moderator:
My car came with one. It's a simple part, you could make one out of plastic sheet or vinyl-covered cardboard.

Back