RE-PIPE Diagram. Tools, Materials and method(s)

I finally hadta re-pipe my car and took my OWN advice and used Type L (or M) 1" copper pipe.

Unfortunately I am NOW unable to attach the text. Its a simple MSWORD .doc file, WTH, over?

If anyone is interested, can help post it here, or I can email it to them, contact me with a PM.

View attachment 3048

Hey Tony,

check you PM. I'll post it for you.

Cheers,
Dom.

I finally hadta re-pipe my car and took my OWN advice and used Type L (or M) 1" copper pipe.

Unfortunately I am NOW unable to attach the text. Its a simple MSWORD .doc file, WTH, over?

If anyone is interested, can help post it here, or I can email it to them, contact me with a PM.

View attachment 3048

Hey Papa Tony, the forum does not accept *.doc files as attachments.

In Word, Click File>Save As.... and when you get the standard Windows Save As dialog box, locate the File Type dropdown, drop it down and select *.PDF and save, making a note of what folder it's being saved in (most likely Documents or on an older version of Windows, My Documents). Then the forum will accept the PDF file for attachment.

Hey Papa Tony, the forum does not accept *.doc files as attachments.

In Word, Click File>Save As.... and when you get the standard Windows Save As dialog box, locate the File Type dropdown, drop it down and select *.PDF and save, making a note of what folder it's being saved in (most likely Documents or on an older version of Windows, My Documents). Then the forum will accept the PDF file for attachment.

Thanks Dan...

I looked again and saved the file to *.doc and *.docx but was still not OFFERED to save it as a *.pdf in the version I have (2007, I think...)

Alas, I did send it to Dom above via PM and he said he would at least post it in WIKI.

Hope you are well...

Thanks Dan...

I looked again and saved the file to *.doc and *.docx but was still not OFFERED to save it as a *.pdf in the version I have (2007, I think...)

Alas, I did send it to Dom above via PM and he said he would at least post it in WIKI.

Hope you are well...

Office 2007 did not come "out of the box" with the capability to Save As...*.pdf; that capability was added as a separate add-on that you can download from MS here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7

IIRC, when you install Office 2007 Service Pack 3, it automatically adds the Save As...*.pdf capability, too.

Thanks to Dom and Dan for their help posting the .jpg here.

View the attachment.

Thanks Tony,

Those instructions will be very helpful for anyone trying to figure out what needs to be done. :D

Nice work Tony. ...and thanks for taking the time to document and photo everything. Will be very helpful to many!

Thanks to all for the kind words... I hope that the first person to try this using my instructions lets me know what they think and if there are an suggestions or upgrades also.

Secondly, and most importantly, in my haste and frustration with getting this posted I neglected to state that if it wasn't for the invaluable assistance, perseverance and encouragement from Tommy Mastracchio and Ed DeCarbo, my car would still be limping along with its old pipes...

Awesome! A great step-by-step for those of us who may not be the most mechanically inclined. Grazie!

Hey Papa Tony, well done...documentation of such projects is always greatly appreciated.
Do us a favor and follow up on this by seeing if there are any noticeable differences in coolant temps overall. Depending on how bad your old tubes were, it may not be a fair comparison "before and after", but you are intimately familiar with your X so I'm sure you will notice any real changes (for better or worse). One reason I ask is I'm curious how the 1" tubes compare to the standard 1-1/4" ones. I seem to recall a lot of discussion about this a long time ago; difference in total tube volume, flow rate, etc. So this is an excellent opportunity to get a real-world outcome assessment.

this is for aquariums, but flow is flow.

GPHpipe.png

Odie

Yes bigger pipe will flow more water (with a bigger pump) I would guess with our small water pump that eventhe smaller 1" pipe will still flow more water them the water pump will pump anyway

Case and point.
Their is a catipillar engine used in simi truck's that uses hoses no larger then our heater hose to cool the motor. (first time I saw that I was what the heck. Mecanic laughed and said Yeap that is all the water flow this motor needs to cool)..... He was thinking the larger hoses is a throw back from before we used water pumps and just used the heating/cooling of the water to cause curculation (hot water in the motor goes up and then is forced/convinced to move forward into the radiator where it would cool and go down. then it would be forced/convinced to move backwards into the motor to heat up again.

(don't know if their is any truth to that But I have SEEN semi truck's with heater hoses sized radiator lines that were running up/down the road cooling just fine.)

(I still scratch My head and think it can't be so..............)

Back