Rear Brake pressure regulator

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
Ok I did rear disc brake conversion on my Yugo.. I know I need to place a brake pressure Adjuster/regulator in the line.. But, What Pressure do I need to set it too???
Thank in Advance.

Trial and error is the only way to determine where to set the pressure regulator. Find a safe place to do panic stops and adjust according to taste. That's pretty much what I did when I converted my 128 to rear discs. Without an adjustor the rears should lock up way before the fronts since there is no weight on the back.

Ok I did rear disc brake conversion on my Yugo.. I know I need to place a brake pressure Adjuster/regulator in the line.. But, What Pressure do I need to set it too???
Thank in Advance.
I second Carl's point. Your specific vehicle setup (tires, ride height, spring rates) and driving style will play into how you set up your regulator. On my 128 Rally, I ran a Tilton lever-style proportioning valve in-line to the rear. The factory hardline was conveniently routed next to the driver seat so it was easy to plumb within reach from a seated position. I typically run it one click from full open in the dry and two clicks from open in the wet. I also disconnected the factory load proportioning valve in the rear.

http://ravi.mirafiori.com/~courtney/128/tech/tilton_prop_valve.html

I set up my valve in the engine bay. I replaced the four way connection block that was part of the brake light sensor and this made a very convenient joint to plumb the valve. I didn't want mine in the cabin as I was going to find the setting I wanted and leave it. If it was in the cabin it would be too easy for someone or a dog to knock it out of setting. The nice thing about mods like this is you can do whatever works best for you.

Back