Rear Window Interior Trim

ibertone86

Daily Driver
The upholstery under my rear window came loose. Does the rubber trim below the window come off or does the vinyl between the speaker shelf and the window just get tucked in there with a flat tool of some type? Anyone have any tips?

I reviewed my tear-down photos ('76 X) so these should help. The vinyl goes up and over. Hope it helps.
IMG_20151010_163534.jpg
IMG_20151010_165112.jpg
IMG_20151010_164550.jpg
IMG_20151010_164540.jpg

That's pretty much how I remember it. The rubber is actually the window seal. And it lays over the interior trim vinyl. The rear shelf (speaker area) is slipped under the rubber. I pulled mine out without removing the rubber. I did not remove the vinyl covers on the targa bar uprights, but I think it is pretty much the same. However that vinyl likely wraps over the metal lip so it will likely not pull out without removing the rubber seal. I see you are more interested in the area below the window (speaker shelf area). It might help to remove the metal strip the overlays the rubber seal on the outside (actually in the engine bay). You might have to remove the engine cover because the hinges are part of all that. But with that metal strip removed the rubber seal is more accessible and may make getting to the trim on the inside easier. Hopefully someone else has better suggestions.

Back