rebuilder X1/9 at Rocklin Pick-n-pull

mikeroten

True Classic
this one looks pretty darned good. I wouldn't put it up here if it wasn't.
writing on the window says it's a 76
interior is actually presentable! engine bay looks like it sat under a tree for a long time but is complete.
car is originally red, too

1634250564207.png

i might be able to get back and take more pictures this weekend. I regret not taking more but I was in a hurry to get back to work.

I looked at this red X this morning. It is January 1976 production. Car is very straight with respect to panel gaps. Original paint was rosso arancio. It is painted red which looks like it was painted 10 years ago and then stored inside. Paint is in good condition and there is some poor masking of the trim present. The fresh paint job makes me think there may be surprises hidden inside. No rust on floor or at base of windshield. rust bubbling inside P/S door on frame rail (possibly cosmetic). Rust thru at top of PS front fender thru to next layer of structure. This car has a sticker on the windshield that makes me think it lived at the ocean in a salt air environment. It is missing the shift lever and shift tube and the clerk advised me it has 'no transmission'. It has the transaxle in the car and the engine compartment looks complete except for the aftermarket air cleaner. If someone buys this, I have both a rebuilt engine and transaxle for sale. I have pics, but Xweb error message says they are too big to attach.

Looks pretty good. However, I have to say, this is one model where even I would do the bumper delete! It would look sweet at that point.

I have an inexpensive set of single tier crash bumpers as pictured. $15 Parts are in Sacramento, CA.

Attachments

• DSCN1959.JPG
    DSCN1959.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20201203140518105.jpg
    20201203140518105.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN2052 (1).JPG
    DSCN2052 (1).JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN2053.JPG
    DSCN2053.JPG