Recent lurker, new Scorpion owner #1553 restomod

Discussion in 'X1/20 Forum' started by motoTrooper, Aug 29, 2015.

1. kmead

kmead Over half way.

I wonder what it is like being your neighbor. Seems to be a lot of odd isht going down in Prunedale.

motoTrooper and mkmini like this.
  2. motoTrooper

motoTrooper True Classic

So, some more odd isht happening down in Prunedale. Perhaps "Dignity" will make more sense after this...or less

kmead and mkmini like this.
  3. mkmini

mkmini True Classic

I haven’t also solved rubic cube, more likely because of unpatient :D
    You have a loud clock in there, they are annoying, that’s why I have only digital. Am typing comments till watching.
    Your light buzzes also loud haha
    Looks that Your Lancia has similar rust amount as my x19, it is sad.

motoTrooper likes this.
  4. motoTrooper

motoTrooper True Classic

Eh, somewhere I figured a way to make another one...

RJ80 and mkmini like this.
  5. motoTrooper

motoTrooper True Classic

Here again...

I think I am going to change my idea about the exhaust (again) and possibly utilize the frame pass-throughs after getting a comment about the proximity of the cats and CV axles. Please share your thoughts, ideas, and criticisms!

dllubin, mkmini, RJ80 and 1 other person like this.
  6. RJ80

RJ80 True Classic

Can't wait to watch, thanks for posting!

7. mkmini

mkmini True Classic

Covering those squares would be very good for strengthening.
    I would use ~1.5mm sheet and dimple die a”X” and bend edges of the square to make a box. but if my skills would be to bad to make them look good, then would just weld in 4 triangles in corner ~2 or 2.5mm thick.

motoTrooper likes this.
  8. mkmini

mkmini True Classic

Have You seen this modication of 1/20?
    8AC486A1-717C-4831-B0B5-593656E84E3C.png

motoTrooper likes this.
  9. kmead

kmead Over half way.

About that wire.

I believe the wire was there so you could hook the battery to it, have it heat up as a resistance heater to soften the butyl. This may also be found in the windshield seal as well.

This was also a feature of the x1/9 as well supposedly though I have never seen it actually in place.

I also have never seen anyone use the wire as it was intended on any of these cars. Thanks for sharing your efforts.

The fun never ends with these cars.

While working on your exhaust I would suggest actually having a stand in for your driveshafts there to ensure you don’t exhaust them out of the equation.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  10. According to my 74 factory manual, you put two 12V batteries in series and connect them to the wires. I have never looked for my windshield wires, but if I ever remove it, I may give it a try. Actually, I've got a giant sized variable voltage supply that I would likely substitute for the two batteries.

motoTrooper and kmead like this.