Recent lurker, new Scorpion owner #1553 restomod

I haven’t also solved rubic cube, more likely because of unpatient :D
You have a loud clock in there, they are annoying, that’s why I have only digital. Am typing comments till watching.
Your light buzzes also loud haha
Looks that Your Lancia has similar rust amount as my x19, it is sad.

Covering those squares would be very good for strengthening.
I would use ~1.5mm sheet and dimple die a”X” and bend edges of the square to make a box. but if my skills would be to bad to make them look good, then would just weld in 4 triangles in corner ~2 or 2.5mm thick.

Have You seen this modication of 1/20?
8AC486A1-717C-4831-B0B5-593656E84E3C.png

Eh, somewhere I figured a way to make another one...

About that wire.

I believe the wire was there so you could hook the battery to it, have it heat up as a resistance heater to soften the butyl. This may also be found in the windshield seal as well.

This was also a feature of the x1/9 as well supposedly though I have never seen it actually in place.

I also have never seen anyone use the wire as it was intended on any of these cars. Thanks for sharing your efforts.

The fun never ends with these cars.

While working on your exhaust I would suggest actually having a stand in for your driveshafts there to ensure you don’t exhaust them out of the equation.

Last edited:
According to my 74 factory manual, you put two 12V batteries in series and connect them to the wires. I have never looked for my windshield wires, but if I ever remove it, I may give it a try. Actually, I've got a giant sized variable voltage supply that I would likely substitute for the two batteries.

Nice work Christopher! If I ever upgrade my brakes, I'll be watching the video a few more times. You made it look like a reasonably straightforward conversion. Curious to find out how you finished off the parking brakes in the next episode.

Last edited:
Hey forum family, just a quick shout to let you know that I have finally acquired a set of Bilstein B8's that were seemingly always two months on backorder. So with the ability to create some coilovers that will allow me to set the height of the suspension and all the attendant knock-on effects, I will be making more videos.

For those of you in search of these elusive Bilsteins my source was FCP Euro Parts.

Hey forum family, just a quick shout to let you know that I have finally acquired a set of Bilstein B8's that were seemingly always two months on backorder. So with the ability to create some coilovers that will allow me to set the height of the suspension and all the attendant knock-on effects, I will be making more videos.

For those of you in search of these elusive Bilsteins my source was FCP Euro Parts.
I had excellent results with FCP Euro buying Volvo parts for my T5R.

Back