Relocating the Brake Reservoir

Yes, the reservoir is from early '90's BMW 740/540 series. For a while they were plentiful in the junkyards, then the supply dwindled. Also, the junkyard workers would often destroy the reservoirs by punching holes in the top to gain access to the brake fluid in the partitioned half of the reservoir with their fluid-extraction suction tubes. It became futile (& quite frustrating) for me to search for these cars in the yards, eventually locate them & then find the reservoirs already destroyed in this manner.

I may still have the parts for one last reservoir kit, I'll have to check next time I go to my workshop area.
I understand entirely. Supply for my E36M is nearing that stage of life where it dwindles suddenly, at least for some components.

I went ahead and ordered 3 individual reservoirs, although I'm not yet sure how the fitment will turn out. I may still be interested - I should know within a few days.

Thanks for the input as always Jeff, definitely let me know if you happen to find a kit there.

I am uncomfortable holding any brake fluid resuvare in place with adhesive. Way to easy for some brake fluid to spill on a revivor then start to eat away the adhesive. I always like a mechanical holding system. IMHO.
Its been wedged in there, with the heavy duty velcro as security for 5 years now. I don't spill brake fluid, so it's not been a problem 😊

Back