Resetting the Ex Gas Exchange Sensor

LoveX1/9s

True Classic
This is an easy one... First off, let me say that I didn't perform a tune up but I will this weekend. For now, I would like to turn the light off. I read that disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 30 minutes and reconnecting it will work. It did not.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 52
This is an easy one... First off, let me say that I didn't perform a tune up but I will this weekend. For now, I would like to turn the light off. I read that disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 30 minutes and reconnecting it will work. It did not.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Nothing personal, just got a chuckle out of this one. Digital thinking is so cute in the world of analog automotive technology.

Two problems solved and I'll say 3. Resetting the O2 sensor dummy light also reset my oil pressure dummy light. Pictures follow. I was able to do it with a coat hanger. From the passenger side (USA) unscrew enough of the console for access. Look for the black box ( the Lambda Relay I think it's called) and look for the hole with the white paint (very high tech) push in the coat hanger until you hear it click. Problem solved. I changed the oil and I'll do the tune up this weekend so I'm not lying about the tune up. I may use the oil pump sensor switch that's in the mail. All of this was cheaper and less hassle than putting in a oil pump :). I found a small gas leak which I fixed and it would be great if my car starts all the time now. It's a mystery.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 59
Back