RIP Jim Fierst.

budgetzagato

Administrator
We learned today that Jim Fierst, fellow Fiatsi and creator of the Woah! brakes upgrade for Fiats, has died. They don't seem to make them like him anymore.

Message below:
Hello Everyone – This is a note to let you know that Jim passed away yesterday, 7/25/11, here at his home in Kingman. He was diagnosed with liver disease last December, and has been ill off and on since then. About 2 weeks ago he acquired a full body infection (sepsis), and was hospitalized in Kingman. Unfortunately, he continued to decline and we made the decision as a family for him to come home on Friday, 7/22/11, and receive hospice care.
Frances and her husband came from California last Thursday. Once home we were able to make him comfortable, and he passed away Sunday afternoon, with the three of us at his side.

Jim has known a lot of you for many years and very much valued you friendship and camaraderie. His wishes were to be cremated and no formal services provided. I will be continuing to check his email for the next month or so if you want to respond, or my contact information is below. Thanks to all of you for being such good friends over the years.

Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone who you might think would be interested in knowing this information.

Carolyn Fierst
3957 East Packard Ave
Kingman, AZ 86409
928-692-6971
Jim Fierst [fierstja*frontiernet.net]

Wow. Sad news. My mother has been struggling with similar problems. Now everyone get out there and take a drive in Jims Honor.... Lower your headlights at half mast...RIP Jim....

Yes...

I feel lucky to have met him and chatted however briefly during the Oregon event a few years back.

What tragic news. I never met Jim but corresponded with him several times. A couple very important parts of my car came from him: One of the very first Whoa brake kits for the X, and several years before that my treasured set of Daytonas.

Sad indeed, I also have one of Jim's oringianl brake sets, allways had the deepest respect for him for taking on that project for us..

RIP Jim We will join you there soon enough.

I never knew him or of him, but it is still very sad news to learn of a fellow enthusiast passing. My condolences to his family

Back