Sad News, Mikemo passed last Friday.

RZSR X

True Classic
I was calling Mike today from the shop that built my engine with a fit question and his wife answered and proceeded to tell me of Mikes passing last Friday.

There will be a service tomorrow (Thursday) at 11 am at Rolling Hills Memorial Park, 4100 Hilltop Dr, Richmond, CA 94803 followed by a reception.

In the future I will have more information pertaining to the clearing out of his parts and two X 1/9's.

Thanks,

Carl

Extremely sad to hear of the loss, he was truly one of the greats. If it is appropriate to do so, please pass along our condolences to his wife and survivors. The forum will miss him.

Truly sad news. A great guy and some real loss of knowledge.

Thanks for the heads up.

Karl

Yep Mike was definitely a character! When we would be working on my parts in his garage he always had some great stories to tell from his days driving X 1/9's. I will for sure pass on condolences from the forum members tomorrow. I know she will appreciate it since he was such a pillar of the X community. Mike knew all there was to know about the X, so much knowledge lost to the rest of us.

That is really sad, my condolences to his family i had been talking to him very recently but had not had a reply for awhile was very shocked to find this news today

Sad news indeed, I know he had some health issues in the last couple of years, I missed his being a regular on the forum. I always appreciated his insight and knowledge, and his affection for not just X19s but all FIATS. RIP Mike. Please extend condolences to his family, who ever speaks to them.

Perhaps one of the loooong-time Xwebbers could tell us a little about him, and what screen name he used here. I've been here since 2007 and I'm drawing a blank on who this was....

My condolences to his family and friends. If he loved exxies he must have been a great guy! :)

Mikemo90

Around 1782 posts since 2013

I suspect he had a different login before that.

824D233A-39DA-42B1-9A48-2FCF1B58CCFB.jpeg

Even though I’m pretty new here and know way less than the average icsonunove-er, I could tell from early on that Mikemo’s voice and opinions were particularly respected. I am offer my condolences to his family and friends and am sorry I never got the chance to meet him. I now realize that we were relatively neighbors. May he journey on in peace and love, preferably with a high revving Italian engine or whatever brings him the most joy.

Sold my X last year but still check-in here every so often. Miss you all. Mikemo was a good guy and frequently helped me when I needed an obscure part or advice on how to solve a problem. I did not know him well. But he was always friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Sad to hear of his passing -- Carl, pls let Mikemo's wife know how much we appreciated him here on xweb!

The service for Mike was wonderful with a large crowd of people. Many funny moments came up about Mike along with his obsession with X 1/9's and it's community , just as they should. Between the families and friends present his wife Debbie will have plenty of support.

The service for Mike was wonderful with a large crowd of people. Many funny moments came up about Mike along with his obsession with X 1/9's and it's community , just as they should. Between the families and friends present his wife Debbie will have plenty of support.

Good to know....

Best wishes to all involved.

I did not know him, but apparently he had a positive impact on the lives of others.

We can’t ask for much more.

Back