Scam warning (edit by JimD - beware buying from new users) 2023 update

Just another reminder to be on your guard when it comes to dealing with new users who have no history on Xweb. Mark has spam checking turned on and I try to keep an eye on the new member list, but I hesitate to spam odd looking accounts that haven't caused an issue... yet.

If you do get a PM from a new member offering parts, please let me know.

BUMP!! We have, well "had", another spammer. A new account contacted a member via private message within minutes of joining. Fortunately, @Ernie was aware of the tendencies of these scammers. The new account is now spam banned.

There are a couple more accounts that look odd, but I will leave them be for now. If a new member offers you parts via an email address, please let the mods know.

Thanks!

BUMP!! We have, well "had", another spammer. A new account contacted a member via private message within minutes of joining. Fortunately, @Ernie was aware of the tendencies of these scammers. The new account is now spam banned.

There are a couple more accounts that look odd, but I will leave them be for now. If a new member offers you parts via an email address, please let the mods know.

Thanks!
I think I spotted one or two new accounts that you may be referring to. But I figured they were ok....odd as you say, but ok hopefully. Thankfully you've got our backs. 😘

Bumping this again. I am seeing several new members in the last week with multiple connections in rapid succession. All from a VPN in Germany, so be on your guard.

Bumping this again. I am seeing several new members in the last week with multiple connections in rapid succession. All from a VPN in Germany, so be on your guard.
Anyone getting messaged by Tomj72mus? Let me know.

As a follow up: I did get a few reports of contact from Tomj72mus. Here is an example of what the spammers are attempting. Note the use of fiatmonkey's member name as a type of reference to appear more legit.

SPAMMER example.jpg
Maybe we will see a spike in this activity with the holidays coming up. Be on your guard.

As a follow up: I did get a few reports of contact from Tomj72mus. Here is an example of what the spammers are attempting. Note the use of fiatmonkey's member name as a type of reference to appear more legit.

View attachment 79326
Maybe we will see a spike in this activity with the holidays coming up. Be on your guard.
I assume the email address (crossed out) was not for FiatMonkey, but for the spammer?

Bumping as an alert. Please report any suspicious private messages. Thanks

Back