Scorp Brake MC Pushrod

jellisfeingold

I'm rebuilding my pedal box with new brake and clutch master cylinders. I am using an X1/9 3-outlet brake MC so I can run a line to the rear, and run separate lines to the left and right front calipers.

When the box is assembled, there seems to be a lot of free play in the brake pedal, as though the pedal pushrod is too short, my maybe by 8-10mm, resulting in the pedal having a bunch of movement before it engages the cylinder. What's up with this? Are the X1/9 cylinder dimensions different, and should I use (e.g., fabricate) a longer pushrod to take up the slack? Or will this slop go away when the system is pumped up?

Thanks,
John Feingold
Scorp #11

I think it'll be ok.

I think it will be fine once the system is pumped up. I just replace the brake and clutch m/c's on mine without this problem, and used an X m/c. In my case I made a plug for the extra front circuit outlet.

If not...

...I would go ahead and lengthen the pushrod. If it has minimal play, the brakes do feel much better and the mechanics/linkage of the pedal work as intended.

A long time ago, someone even suggested (for the X) getting a 128 pushrod which is much longer, and shorten it to the exact length needed to optimize the brake.

Back