Scorp forsale on ebay

dburdick

doug b
Incase anyone is interested, I'm selling my 76 scorp on ebay. Take a look and let me know if you have questions.Doug

Looks very nice. Original color? Stock or aftermarket cams?
The color is stock. Its got a fiat 2lt engine bored and fitted with Vick's 8mm dome pistons and oversize stainless intake valves. Reworked the intake to accept an Empi 32/36 carb. Cermatic coated headers from Allison's automotive. Electronic ignition from the 79 fiat.stock cams. Monte transaxle from the monte hospital.

She didn't sell

Well, she didn't sell and I'm rather glad. Ill keep her forever now. Next winter I'll do an extensive restoration of her. I am dissapointed at the low bids I recieved, not sure why. Oh well, she's worth alot to me, so I'll keep her! I just wish I could find that rare,'79 fifth gear set used in theZagato. That, combined with my monte gearbox would really reduce the RPM's at highway speeds.

The Hagery valuation guide places it at about $12000. That's for a bone stock scorp. Mine has been brought up to Monte Carlo specs, to include the proper 2lt engine, a Monte gearbox, big valve head, 8mm dome pistons, and monte bumpers. Try buying a scorp like that or having one brought up to this level for under $11000. I looked at 308's a while back and found no decent ones for less than $25000.

The Hagery valuation guide places it at about $12000. That's for a bone stock scorp. Mine has been brought up to Monte Carlo specs, to include the proper 2lt engine, a Monte gearbox, big valve head, 8mm dome pistons, and monte bumpers. Try buying a scorp like that or having one brought up to this level for under $11000. I looked at 308's a while back and found no decent ones for less than $25000.

Drat. I'd really like to own a Monte Carlo!

Back to an X1/9, I suppose....

I hate to admit it, but if I got hold of a solid Scorpion w/o an engine I'd be looking to swap in a Honda drive.

I really am shameless that way.

Saw a frightfully well sorted Monte Carlo a few weeks back with a 2 liter and a supercharger. Got to sit in it. Nice looking ride.

im building 2 scorpions, 1 im keeping sorta stock with a fiat drivetrain, 2.0 high comp dual carbs ect.. the other one im installing a 6g72 twin turbo, yes 330hp from a 3000gt vr4

im building 2 scorpions, 1 im keeping sorta stock with a fiat drivetrain, 2.0 high comp dual carbs ect.. the other one im installing a 6g72 twin turbo, yes 330hp from a 3000gt vr4

Just so that in the end you can tell us which is cooler?

Ive thought about it, but I.m not ready to take the plunge yet. I am going to do more resurach first. Still, a v6 would be sweet. What would be agood v6 I wonder?

Id like all the details on that V6 transplant! How far along are you?

the 6g72 from the 3000gt will fit in the engine bay. i have already had it there. the total track is 4" wider. i dont feel this will be a problem as im building a double wishbone suspension as opposed to strut. it uses a cable shift transaxle,(but its very easy to shorten the axles) very easy fit. hydraulic clutch is good too. the engine is on the opposide side of the bay, so im relocating the fuel tank to the front trunk. which i was anyway for weight ballance. its hard to beat 220hp n/a or 330hp twin turbo, as a bolt in. plus a 4ohc 4valve/ cyl in my opinion fits the bill for correct type of engine

nothing to post yet. but an empty engine bay and a motor on a stand. im rebuilding the motor. the chassis im puting it in is my 2nd project. im working on the close to stock one first. less body modifications. the one im putting the mitsubishi motor in im making a group 5 replica, sort of, my adaptation. i cannot afford the fiberglass parts, im making my own. using pictures as a guide. i worked on a arca team, as a crew chief for a few years, and have built many race cars, so fabrication is my sorta thing. i currently own and operate a machine shop, specializing in cylinder heads, stock and performance

Personally I'm going with...

Still, a v6 would be sweet. What would be agood v6 I wonder?

The Yamaha-built Taurus SHO mill, with it's wild bundle-o-snakes intake and 220hp.

In the planning and parts gathering stage now, and am ready to dive into the engine rebuild.

Pete

DOHC 24v V6 twin turbo
239 kW (325 PS; 321 hp) at 6000 rpm
427 N·m (315 lb·ft) at 2500 rpm

figured this will be a riot in a scorpion shooting for under 1900 lbs

That would definitely be a riot...

DOHC 24v V6 twin turbo
239 kW (325 PS; 321 hp) at 6000 rpm
427 N·m (315 lb·ft) at 2500 rpm

figured this will be a riot in a scorpion shooting for under 1900 lbs

But with adding a heavier drive train, what are you planning to delete that will get you down to 1900 lbs?

Pete

Back