Scorp forsale on ebay

the car im putting this in has rotten floor pans, im flat bottoming the car with .095 aluminum sheet, while im at it, im replacing the rear firewall with the same aluminum. building the center tunnel out of aluminum too. im removing the crash bars from the doors, building an aluminum dash, no upholstry, no carpet, only a heater, probably adapting a 124 heater box or fabricating my own. the whole front end from the firewall outward will be tube chassis, mounting a radiator and fuel cell with aluminum ducting. the rear chassis will be tube as well, similar to the o37 for idea purposes. this car will be built for one thing, having fun on a sunny day. again, im doing a resto/mod on another scorpion too, this one will be more in lines with a street car. keeping interrior etc. im mounting aluminum racing teats in the first car too. i have all of the materials needed to build the car. im not a dreamer, as i stated before im an ex nascar (arca) fabricator and crew chief. fabrication for me is just fun. when i actually begin the build i will take lots of pictures and post them. right now both cars are completely dissasembled. im currently doing the body work on the street car. the dual carb, alquati cammed, 9.8-1 2.0l is already built. i even bought the last new (or so i was told at the time) ansa header, the quad tipped muffler i have is used but in great condition.

Sounds like a plan...

I don't doubt with tubular subframes you could get down to that weight range. If you would have told me you were going to do it with a full chassis, then yes I might think you are a dreamer. :)

Looking forward to the pictures of the build!

Pete

the chassis tub (if you will) is a very sound design, i will have to repair rust in the frame rails if any. i have not decided if i will add a roll cage as it will add weight , and i have no plans for competition use. the biggest problems im going to face is the fabrication of the front and rear bodywork sections. even though im not making an exact replica of the group 5 car, i want to be as faithful to that look as possible. i have seen where people have made kits and pieces but all are way out of my budget.

I'm kind of in the same boat...

Eventually I would like to go with an 037-style look. Not a faithful reproduction necessarily. Call it an 037 "tribute" car rather than a replica. There are fiberglass body parts out there from several suppliers, but budget is a concern. I'm more inclined to fab the body panels myself, but as with anything I'm sure that would come with a learning curve. Not to mention the time involved.

Pete

Back