1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scorpion # 253 project

Discussion in 'X1/20 Forum' started by BEEK, Apr 19, 2017.

1. RJ80

RJ80 Daily Driver

Very interesting. Makes me wonder (worry?) about what is lurking underneath my pristine looking floorpan undercoating.

2. BEEK

BEEK True Classic

this was believed to be a rust free car when i purchased it. Granted rust free and scorpion are oxymorons... but i still believe for what its worth this is a very rust free car. I actually have a scorpion who's floorpans and everything else is pristine. Thats another project...lol

Glad I have taken the time and tedious work to take this car far deeper than I ever thought I was going to. The end result will be far better.

My goal is to now have the car ready for FFO18 in Orlando

RJ80 likes this.
  3. motoTrooper

motoTrooper True Classic

How did you remove the undercoating? Wire wheel?

4. BEEK

BEEK True Classic

actually used a gasket scraper and child labor! and a lot of my own labor. It scraped off with a little help. no heat or chemicals though. just scraped it a little at a time

5. DeadScorpion

DeadScorpion Daily Driver

Love the engine build up!

6. BEEK

BEEK True Classic

Parts scorpion #302 has made it home. Thats 5 scorpions now, 3 parts cars and 2 restorable cars

IMG_4966.JPG IMG_4965.JPG

motoTrooper likes this.
  7. kmead

kmead True Classic

You are a little bit selfish, Scorpions should be spread around a bit more!

Congrats.

8. BEEK

BEEK True Classic

those are just for spares. i have the kids at school strip them down as an assignment. They have fun and learn at the same time. I figured it would be better to part these out than see them go to the crusher. Not much saveable, but the parts i can save i will. Really dont need any parts from old cars, only new parts now unfortunately! Hopefully soon I can get the car chassis painted and completed. I just keep finding more and more to do and there is no reason to do a poor job at this point. My goal remains the same, to be driving by the fiat freak out.

9. kmead

kmead True Classic

Totally the right thing to do, cars beyond redemption should be stripped to their minimum of useful bits for the survival of the remaining members of the tribe.

Though, up here that might be considered a restoration candidate...