Scorpion Article

More media, with plenty of moto myth opinions and dis-information about the Lancia MonteCarlo / Scorpion.

Not impresses.
Bernice

In ways, media write ups are better than allowing this Lancia to fall into further obscurity.

But gosh, these moto writers need to do their homework and study. When the folks at Hemmings asked me to write something about the exxe, it happened and what was written had content that could be tracked back via historical documents. Anything less tends to be mis-information.

Bernice

I don't expect much anymore but it's nice to be recognized.

John Matras is the author. He's a nice guy (I've met him), but I've never been a fan of his writing. Yes, the stock Scorpion had its faults, but to pan it as John did here is a disservice to enthusiasts and to the car. Fortunately, we know better.

I am fine with him bagging on the car, it might mean I can get one someday before the truth wins out :)

However it is a surprisingly accurate article. The car didn’t fulfill the potential and although frankly a real exotic, when compared to the BMW 2002 and 320i of the period was not a great value nor an equal performer despite a similar price.

I think it is actually a surprisingly well informed and clear statement of the facts around the car. The reality is unfortunate but unfortunately real.

Last edited:
Back