Scorpion interior door panel removal

RJ80

True Classic
Any tips on removing the interior door panel on a Scorp? I know from past experience door panels in any car can be fiddly -- more so when there are 40-year-old Italian plastics involved.

My passenger side electric window has stopped working. I can hear the motor humming when I hit the switch, but there's no movement. It actually worked quite well until recently. Need to get inside and see what's going on. Hoping it just needs a re-lube as my Alfa Milano window motors occasionally did. The grease hardens and can bind up the whole works.

Remove the bolts under the armrest/dash extension where the latch is. There may be a screw in lower front corner. Lift up to get off lip at top.

There is available a manual crank tool to wind up or down window for electric windows. Sold mine years ago. The Scorpion I still have I converted from electric windows to manual windows for simplicity and weight.

Last edited:
Remove the bolts under the armrest/dash extension where the latch is. There may be a screw in lower front corner. Lift up to get off lip at top.

There is available a manual crank tool to wind up or down window for electric windows. Sold mine years ago. The Scorpion I still have I converted from electric windows to manual windows for simplicity and weight.
Thanks... I actually do still have my manual window crank, I'd completely forgotten! I assume I pop off that circular cover which exposes the fitting. Might be a good first step to see if it will go up and down with the crank before removing the panel.

Back