Scorpion Oil Pan Wanted

lanciahf

True Classic
Mine is all dented up, even the baffles inside are dented? Does anyone have one in nice shape? The only way I can see fixing mine is cutting out the internal baffles, bang the dents out and re-weld the baffles back in. Yeah like I'm that good at welding.

Thanks

Paging @Dean Scharer as he has quite a Scorpion parts stash that he's trying to re-home some of. Not sure if he has a spare pan that doesn't already have a block attached to it.

I fixed my old one.

The oil pan saga is a long story. The pan that came with the car was all dented up. I mean I have never seen a pan so bad. The crank hit the top baffles and flattened the drains. I was thinking of cutting out the top baffles and bang the pan straight but I really did not want to as it had two large grooves at the bottom of the pan. Pretty sure the car at some point in its life went airborne and landed hard.

I had another pan in good shape from a parts car but it was ungodly dirty inside. I tried my fiends parts washer but one is unable to access half the pan due to baffles. So I had the pan cleaned out by a radiator shop. Unfortunately I did not notice the missing trap doors. I guess the cleaning solution ate the trap doors since they are made out of aluminum? So what to do

After I posted my want ad for a Scorpion Oil pan I was encouraged to fix it by the crazy welding Daniel and Pete have done to their cars. So I cut the trap doors out of the old pan and put them in the good pan and welded everything back up.

Back