Scorpion Parts Wanted

Kevin Channer

True Classic
Hello, I am looking for a couple of parts for a project. Does anyone have an original rear view mirror they wish to sell? Nothing show quality just functional. I may have lead on one from Europe don't know if the are the same. Since the mount is still on the windshield it looks like it just screws to the mount? Also looking for a Frunk handle release. I know these are hard to come by, and $$ If you have a broken one I would be interested in " remaking" it. Thanks

I don't know if you are aware that the primary cause of the Scorpion?Montecarlo windshield cracking is that mounting directly to the windshield. I am mounting up mine to the frame above. I may have a frunk release but need to check my boxes of parts.

I don't know if you are aware that the primary cause of the Scorpion?Montecarlo windshield cracking is that mounting directly to the windshield. I am mounting up mine to the frame above. I may have a frunk release but need to check my boxes of parts.
Hi Moto, I was not aware that the mirror was an issue. However I have seen plenty with cracks, that's odd because the mirror doesn't seem heavy? No cracks on this one as yet , and the mount is already there. If your do have a frunk release that would be great, just post or pm me.

The windshield mounted rear view mirror uses a larger surface area mount with a moderate strength flexi adhesive. If the old style US of A windshield mirror adhesive is used, the risk of cracking the windshield is HIGH due to the increased stress from the different adhesive. On# 209 it still has the oem windshield mounted mirror, but it will be mounted else where as the risk of busting the windshield is not worth the risk. A busted windshield could be a rather serious part issue on this car.

Bernice

Thanks for that insight Bernice, When you reposition the mirror do you plan on removing the mount or is it too risky?

Leave the oem mirror mount alone if it has been ok and still held on with the oem adhesive. The risk of busting the windshield trying to remove the mount is not worth it.

Bernice

Thanks for that insight Bernice, When you reposition the mirror do you plan on removing the mount or is it too risky?

Back