Seat belts for X19

dragonsgate

True Classic
Are new seat belts for X's available?
I looked on Bayless and all I saw was a used set.
The reason I am looking is the ones I put in my 1970 FJ40 many years ago are about worn out.
I have looked on the Cruiser parts distributors and have found ones that will work but like the trigger style release button on the Fiat belts I have.

I don't know if new X belts are available, but there is a huge selection of new aftermarket ones to choose from....in any color and style you might want (and for a lot less money).

"Securon Seat Belts... are not identical to the original Seat Belt."

So they are generic aftermarket belts.

True they are not OEM but the question was “Are new seat belts for X's available?” Securon have been making quality belts for years.

Klippan may be able to supply OEM pattern belts, my 1300 has these fitted I presume from the factory. I’ve dropped them an email.

Mike, I'm surprised you asked that since you are what I consider a safety first guy. Do you really want forty year old hardware...and Italian hardware at that. Having said that, there must be folks who do rewebbing, wouldn't it just require the right sewing machine?

Mike, I'm surprised you asked that since you are what I consider a safety first guy. Do you really want forty year old hardware...and Italian hardware at that. Having said that, there must be folks who do rewebbing, wouldn't it just require the right sewing machine?
Some companies that sell racing seat belt offer the service. After all, titanium hardware is expensive.

The belts in my X are still in good shape but the ones I used in my Land Cruiser are in bad shape, especially on the drivers side.

The thing I like about the belts in the Toy is the buckle.
It has a trigger type release so all I do is grab the buckle pistol grip style and press the button with my index finger.

I have been thinking the belts were from an X19 but in the late 70's when I installed them I had several 128 sedans but hadn't gotten my first X yet so the belts are most likely from a 128.
My 70 Land cruiser originally had just lap belts so at the time I put in the shoulder harness there were no aftermarket belts for that app plus there was no internet so searching parts was harder.

Like I said I like the trigger release so thought about rebuilding the belts I have.
There are several companies that rebuild seat belts or, if you have a heavy sewing machine and the skill there are many places to buy webbing in just about any size and color you want and you can DIY it.
I figured enough webbing would run about $140 plus the time and labor cleaning and rebuilding the old hardware it was easier to pop for the $185 set that fit my rig and learn to live with out the trigger.

There is a thought...time; In the last few years I would swear time is going faster.
Time is constant but I have realized I am not so am moving slower and do not get as much done in an hour as I used to.

Had an email conversation with Klippan, they can supply the same style buckles as below, the only trouble being they are longer than the 22cm used on the X. The tail would have to be cut and a new anchor point cold welded on under pressure.

So I’ve gone with some replacement UK made Securon belts, not as neat as the Klippan but I need to put safety before style.

Back