Sewer water clutch fluid?

Eastep

True Classic
During a recent slave cylinder replacement With the help of Jon aka Nichol01, we set about the arduous task of bleeding the system. After a first attempt about a week ago with less then ideal results, we reconvene last evening, with determination on our agenda. Through a mix of alot of leg effort and a handy dandy pressure bleeding contraption, fashioned from a bicycle pump and innertube, we have success! Judging by the condition of the fluid flushed from the system, we were just in time!
Thanks to Jon for the help
IMG_20190211_181119179.jpg

So typical. Rubber seals and hoses giving their own colorizing of the fluid.
Perfection is attained when your hydraulic fluid and coolant have the same color.

Perfection is attained when your hydraulic fluid and coolant have the same color.
Then mine must be perfect because they both look like that sewer water. :D

Eastep, at risk of stating the obvious, I'm guessing the entire system should be overhauled if the fluid looked like that.

During a recent slave cylinder replacement With the help of Jon aka Nichol01, we set about the arduous task of bleeding the system. After a first attempt about a week ago with less then ideal results, we reconvene last evening, with determination on our agenda. Through a mix of alot of leg effort and a handy dandy pressure bleeding contraption, fashioned from a bicycle pump and innertube, we have success! Judging by the condition of the fluid flushed from the system, we were just in time!
Thanks to Jon for the help
View attachment 19381
Mike, For future reference when I changed my Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders and hoses a few years ago I made a pressure bleed tank complete with a fiat reservoir cap. If you or Jon ever need to borrow it hit me up.
Damn snow again...can’t wait for spring. Hopefully we can get together soon.

Mike, For future reference when I changed my Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders and hoses a few years ago I made a pressure bleed tank complete with a fiat reservoir cap. If you or Jon ever need to borrow it hit me up.
Damn snow again...can’t wait for spring. Hopefully we can get together soon.
Thanks. I will take you up on that pretty soon. I'm going to go ahead and replace the hoses and relocate the reservoirs in the next couple weeks.... Hopefully.

Then mine must be perfect because they both look like that sewer water. :D

Eastep, at risk of stating the obvious, I'm guessing the entire system should be overhauled if the fluid looked like that.
No, just the hoses in the scuttle. They are the original white fuzzy nylon. They still make that factory fresh crunchy sound too
The master cylinder has already been replaced, and I'm planning to ditch the plastic brake & clutch reservoirs for some sort of metal aftermarket units. (Or make my own)

Back