Shift rod linkage coupler

Janis

True Classic
IMG_2121.PNG

Could someone please give me dimensions of this coupler?

It just costs too much for me to buy and ship to Latvia.

Not that this answers your question, but I'm pretty sure it would fit in a USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box which would cost $33.95 in postage from USA to Latvia. Of course as a business, MWB has to build overhead and profit into whatever item you are buying and whatever delivery service is being used, so likely they would be charging more than $33.95 in shipping.

Janis, there are two types of "shift rod linkage couplers"; the one you pictured and a flat one without the round disc (only on 1 or 2 years of X1/9). If I remember correctly you have a later model X that uses the one you show. However mine uses the other (flat) one. I can measure mine, but I'm not certain if it is the same overall dimensions (maybe they can be interchanged?). Hopefully someone here knows the answer to this question or can provide the dimensions for this "round" type (often called "lollipop" because it looks like a candy called that). But the idea is they allow some "give" or "flex"; the thickness of the "flat" one allows movement like the round portion on yours.

Here is the "flat" style like I have (1979 and maybe some 1980):
4426750U 001.JPG

And here is why your style is called a "lollipop":
giant-lollipop.jpg

yes the shift linkage is two pieces of steel with a rubber section between that's bonded to the steel...to reduce vibrations to the gearstick...would be difficult to replicate.

SteveC

They use different rods between the shifter lever and the linkage.
Well I went out and took some measurements but I see it won't help you. As Eric has answered the question, the style I have will not fit in your car. Search on-line, there should be some European parts sources close to Latvia that have it at a better price.

View attachment 5358

Could someone please give me dimensions of this coupler?

It just costs too much for me to buy and ship to Latvia.

A few places closer to home:
I saw some new ones on eBay Germany for less than 10 EUros but can't seem to find them now.

Dom.

I managed to find my second one of these in the cellar if you are really in dire straits (ideally I always like at least one spare, but I'd still prefer to help someone who has none ;)). Let me know. Otherwise, I can see that this seller had them at least up until a couple of years ago. The add lists several other Fiat models that used the same part (which might help you locate one closer to home):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Verbindungsl...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

They are made in Turkey which is strange as I thought Tofaş only produced 124s and 131s?

Cheers,
Dom.

One of those jerrycans that they carry around on the back of US army jeeps always looked like a good fit to me. Maybe you can find one in an army surplus store? ;)

:D actually I already considered that, because I have few cans like that, but they are only 20l. I am going to cut of rusty bottom ~1/5 of my tank, weld a plate. And under it could locate oil radiator..

:D actually I already considered that, because I have few cans like that, but they are only 20l. I am going to cut of rusty bottom ~1/5 of my tank, weld a plate. And under it could locate oil radiator..

Yikes! That would make it really low & susceptible to serious damage.

I put mine up behind the transaxle - facing the opening in the frame between engine bay and exhaust area. Fits just fine & allows air pass through. Cooling lines run under the transaxle support subframe. Exhaust compartment heat shield shown blocking the frame opening in this pic was removed.

X19_0680.jpg

Back