Show me your choke cable!

HeavyD

Daily Driver
I recently changed over to a 32 DMTRA with a manual choke on my '78 1300 X. Thanks again @Agnelli for the fine specimen, it cleaned up and runs like new.

June 21 078.JPGJune 21 085.JPG
I like how the engine fires instantly and there is no pumping or having to pull fuel in with the pedal or holding the pedal all the way down. I would like to install a set up like the '74 model on the e brake bracket, however those are hard to find. For those of you that have made the conversion where and how did you mount the choke knob and what cable did you use? For those of you with a '74 could you share a pic or 2 of how it's mounted on the e-brake bracket? Also anyone using a second throttle cable that mounts on the other side of the bracket that can be controlled by hand?

As a side note I also installed an in line fuel check valve from MWB . I have a mechanical fuel pump and since installing I have never had to "pump" to get it to start. I have gone as long as 5 days in between starts and simply set the choke and instantly fires. This also applies when the engine is warm such as starting after fueling up at the gas station when a choke is not needed.

Thanks in advance DeLaun

Back