SOLD -FOR SALE TWO 30DIC WEBER CARBS $30

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by Frank L. Di Gioia, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Frank L. Di Gioia

Frank L. Di Gioia True Classic

All jets and holders there but missing choke plates and some small parts. I normally list on Ebay but I'll not this time because of the fees involved. TERMS are: feel free to ask questions but be aware the first person who (chronologically) says "I'll buy it" gets it. $30 via PayPal + shipping cost from zip code 89117 in a box 10 x 10 x 6" with weight of 8 pounds.

Attached Files:

2. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I had to look it up to know what they are. Seems like the "DIC" is a 30/30 progressive carb for the 850. Rebuild kits are readily available for them still. As they are not in stock I don't think it will hurt to show a comparison price/value: https://www.midwest-bayless.com/p-3...-fiat-850-spider-coupe-racer-all-rebuilt.aspx
    For little engines like these, a choke really isn't needed unless you happen to live in a arctic climate...in which case I doubt you would be driving one of these cars. Sounds like a good deal here.

3. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

I’ll buy it.

Thanks.

4. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Karl, make a custom manifold to run both carbs. :D

Frank L. Di Gioia likes this.
  5. Frank L. Di Gioia

Frank L. Di Gioia True Classic

Jeff,
    I did that once on a 1438 twin cam engine, was a bitch to convert to non-progressive. For an 850 better choice now is a Chinese 40mm IDF. I bought one but need to have some spare time to frustrate myself.

Dr.Jeff likes this.
  6. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

There's a couple of Weber models that look a lot like the progressive 2-V bodies but the throttle shaft has a mechanical operation of both butterflies simultaneously (non-progressive). That puts the linkage in the same orientation as a progressive carb. And the Chinese offer copies of them for little money. The base mount pattern is fairly close to some Fiat manifolds and could be adapted. I considered something like it before I decided to go EFI and turbo.

7. kmead

On a 850 Sport Coupe you would never get an IDF under the shelf behind the seat. I suppose one could cut the shelf and listen to the roar of the intake behind one’s head.

8. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

On a 850 would it be more of a 'hum' than a roar? :D

9. kmead

Oh come on, a ripping 817ccs at 6800rpm will make at least a decent whistle...

Dr.Jeff likes this.
  10. Jefco

Jefco Daily Driver

That's about the size of a diesel truck's air compressor, isn't it?

11. NM850

NM850 True Classic

I have so many DIC’s I’m thinking of making a triple manifold to run on an Alfa V6 that I want to use carbs on for “Period correctness”. Still have to hide the timing belt though.
    The 2.5 displacement is just about three 850s worth.

Dr.Jeff likes this.
  12. kmead

49.9 ci to get under the ‘new’ emissions regs in 1969

13. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Like a 49cc scooter to keep from qualifying as a motorcycle. And now that you made me think about it, a 850 Spider is about the same as a scooter, isn't it? :D

14. Jefco

Jefco Daily Driver

I had an 850 in California 35(!) years ago that had that emissions exemption plate in the engine compartment; it actually had a 903.

15. Jeff Stich

Jeff Stich True Classic

A working choke on these helps on start-up in both freezing & temperate climates. And dashing through the snow in a 52-horse open sleigh (850 Spider) is GREAT fun!

Stefano_01.jpg

kmead likes this.
  16. kmead

Welcome back Jeff, we have missed you around here.

I can’t imagine that is your 850 banking off the snow bank is it?

17. Jeff Stich

Jeff Stich True Classic

That's not my car, but I've done similar with mine. Somehow, I often seem to end up being the guy TAKING photos like this, rather than starring in them. HRMPH. I'll see if I can dig up any winter-driving pics from the ol' photo albums... ;)

kmead likes this.