SOLD -FOR SALE TWO 30DIC WEBER CARBS $30

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
All jets and holders there but missing choke plates and some small parts. I normally list on Ebay but I'll not this time because of the fees involved. TERMS are: feel free to ask questions but be aware the first person who (chronologically) says "I'll buy it" gets it. $30 via PayPal + shipping cost from zip code 89117 in a box 10 x 10 x 6" with weight of 8 pounds.

Attachments

• DSCI1117.JPG
    DSCI1117.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCI1118.JPG
    DSCI1118.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 34
I had to look it up to know what they are. Seems like the "DIC" is a 30/30 progressive carb for the 850. Rebuild kits are readily available for them still. As they are not in stock I don't think it will hurt to show a comparison price/value: https://www.midwest-bayless.com/p-3...-fiat-850-spider-coupe-racer-all-rebuilt.aspx
For little engines like these, a choke really isn't needed unless you happen to live in a arctic climate...in which case I doubt you would be driving one of these cars. Sounds like a good deal here.

There's a couple of Weber models that look a lot like the progressive 2-V bodies but the throttle shaft has a mechanical operation of both butterflies simultaneously (non-progressive). That puts the linkage in the same orientation as a progressive carb. And the Chinese offer copies of them for little money. The base mount pattern is fairly close to some Fiat manifolds and could be adapted. I considered something like it before I decided to go EFI and turbo.

On a 850 Sport Coupe you would never get an IDF under the shelf behind the seat. I suppose one could cut the shelf and listen to the roar of the intake behind one’s head.

Karl, make a custom manifold to run both carbs. :D
I have so many DIC’s I’m thinking of making a triple manifold to run on an Alfa V6 that I want to use carbs on for “Period correctness”. Still have to hide the timing belt though.
The 2.5 displacement is just about three 850s worth.

Like a 49cc scooter to keep from qualifying as a motorcycle. And now that you made me think about it, a 850 Spider is about the same as a scooter, isn't it? :D

I had an 850 in California 35(!) years ago that had that emissions exemption plate in the engine compartment; it actually had a 903.

For little engines like these, a choke really isn't needed unless you happen to live in a arctic climate...in which case I doubt you would be driving one of these cars.

A working choke on these helps on start-up in both freezing & temperate climates. And dashing through the snow in a 52-horse open sleigh (850 Spider) is GREAT fun!

Stefano_01.jpg

I can’t imagine that is your 850 banking off the snow bank is it?

That's not my car, but I've done similar with mine. Somehow, I often seem to end up being the guy TAKING photos like this, rather than starring in them. HRMPH. I'll see if I can dig up any winter-driving pics from the ol' photo albums... ;)

Back