Some 128 eye-candy...

Jeff Stich

True Classic
Wow! Is this a work of art, or what??? :)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/162383947523

$_57.JPG

I have a pair of these.... :)

frd manifold a.jpg
frd manifold j.jpg
frs manifold f.jpg

and they cost me a lot less than that! manifold is by Ziotti (from memory - not at home right now)

SteveC

I love unusual items like this. Recently saw a very similar arrangement for the Mk1 (A1) VW engines (i.e. 70's water cooled Rabbit, Jetta, etc). "Apples and oranges" I know, but it was in the $400 price range and had been on the market for a very long time with no buyers at that price. The one above in this post on eBay seems pretty steep to me. But very cool.

Very neat stuff! Seems like those air cleaners would be awfully restrictive, but they almost make up for it in style points...

Seems like those air cleaners would be awfully restrictive
Those filters remind me of one of my first vehicles. I was 13 or 14 y.o. and bought a Triumph TR4 Surrey Top (my first and last British car). Even though the car was only a few years old at that time, they were already very cheap to buy used. I did a lot of 'custom' touches to it, including a set of aftermarket air cleaners for the twin SU side-drafts. The filters were very thin 'pancakes' that likely flowed less than the stock filter box, but that's what was available at that time.

Back