Somebody here was looking for this exact car

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by ArtBasement, Jul 13, 2019.

1. ArtBasement

ArtBasement Erwin Timmers

2. Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Dan Sarandrea (Phila) Waitin' On Parts...

That bumper treatment looks appealing, I'd like to see more pix. Shame the seller didn't upload his pix so that they could be made full size by the eBay software. Loving the Cromodora CD-27 Corsa wheels, too. If his center caps are the "b" style or the Cromodora oval style, I might have to get my ninja suit out of mothballs, brush up on my Impossible Mission Force infiltration skillz, and pay a visit :)

3. autox19

autox19 True Classic

I believe that is the camaro bumper conversion
    Love it

Odie

4. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

Link dinky do.. for the camaro bumper mod. The Ebay cars bumpers do not look the same as the bumper sin the mod thread. Similar though and the outcome these mods is really determined by the owner's vision.

5. Greg (in Conn)

Greg (in Conn) X driver- Bertone curator

Lavin's restorations photos from a very long time ago.
    he was trying to find out whatever happen to his car... probably 10 years ago.

http://imageevent.com/xfactor/86x

kmead likes this.
  6. Jeff Stich

Jeff Stich True Classic

That car used to be owned (& was modified) by Lavin Cudahee(sp?) of the Anaheim Hills/Orange CA area many years ago. He made the bumpers himself - they are not a Camaro bumper conversion. Here's a photo of the car from about 10 years ago or so:

cd27x19a.jpg

7. ArtBasement

ArtBasement Erwin Timmers

Yes, this is the one I remember. I signed the guestbook on his site to let him know the car is on ebay.

8. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

Unfortunately, despite wanting the car back, he isn’t in a position to buy it at this time.

This is the car I would be love to buy to be able to sell it on to him in the future.

Lavin and I went through Art Center together and have been friends since 1988.

It is a lovely car which he put an incredible amount of work into.

9. AKimball92

AKimball92 True Classic

Those bumpers are pretty cool. However in modern standards, the X1/9 would never be able to pass ped-pro due to hard impact to the knees. This would simply and cleanly slice off the legs at the knee. It might be an improvement? lol

kmead likes this.
  10. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

I don’t think it sold but hard to say.

If it did sell at the price shown it was a steal.

Yes the X in general would be regulated out of existence today. Bumpers cutting people off at the knees. Headlights will tear up the pedestrian as now legless, they pass over the hood.

AKimball92 likes this.