Somebody here was looking for this exact car

That bumper treatment looks appealing, I'd like to see more pix. Shame the seller didn't upload his pix so that they could be made full size by the eBay software. Loving the Cromodora CD-27 Corsa wheels, too. If his center caps are the "b" style or the Cromodora oval style, I might have to get my ninja suit out of mothballs, brush up on my Impossible Mission Force infiltration skillz, and pay a visit :)

That car used to be owned (& was modified) by Lavin Cudahee(sp?) of the Anaheim Hills/Orange CA area many years ago. He made the bumpers himself - they are not a Camaro bumper conversion. Here's a photo of the car from about 10 years ago or so
Yes, this is the one I remember. I signed the guestbook on his site to let him know the car is on ebay.

Unfortunately, despite wanting the car back, he isn’t in a position to buy it at this time.

This is the car I would be love to buy to be able to sell it on to him in the future.

Lavin and I went through Art Center together and have been friends since 1988.

It is a lovely car which he put an incredible amount of work into.

Those bumpers are pretty cool. However in modern standards, the X1/9 would never be able to pass ped-pro due to hard impact to the knees. This would simply and cleanly slice off the legs at the knee. It might be an improvement? lol

I don’t think it sold but hard to say.

If it did sell at the price shown it was a steal.

Yes the X in general would be regulated out of existence today. Bumpers cutting people off at the knees. Headlights will tear up the pedestrian as now legless, they pass over the hood.

Back