Son of XWEB

Rooster

piccole ma cattive
Hi folks, looking for moderators on Son of XWEB. It seems like I'm all alone over there and being quite busy lately, I'm looking for help. Any frequent flyers on that group want to step up?

P.S.- We seems to have an inordinate number of spammers lately.

Ummm.....can someone explain to me the attraction of a Facebook group..as opposed to say this forum ?? :rolleyes: I think "Son of Xweb" is a Facebook group for those of you who dont know...

From what I can see.....posts of any topic...say FSW or workshop...are just all jumbled together.....and just soon disappear off the bottom of the page. Pics are small and hard to see and are limited. Not really much content of use. And if you are looking for something...say valve clearance specs....you are out of luck.... So easy to search here for almost anything you would like to know or buy.......

And what limited content there is there.....you cant even see...let alone comment on...if you are not a member.

But...I have indeed noticed some folks that used to be here....now hanging out only on Facebook. Do they find the Facebook format better...or have they just left here after someone annoyed them too much ??

And...err....umm...if you are looking for mod help on your Facebook group...why didn't you just ask there ?? :(

Last edited:
I don't do FB, except for marketplace, but some folks just feel comfortable with FB. Maybe forums per se are considered old tech? What next, printed FLU newsletters which in the day was the only connection we had with each other.

My kids (actually adults in their 30s), say no one uses email anymore and even texting is about to be only for old people and god forbid you actually talk to people live on a phone.

Ummm.....can someone explain to me the attraction of a Facebook group..as opposed to say this forum ?? :rolleyes: I think "Son of Xweb" is a Facebook group for those of you who dont know...

From what I can see.....posts of any topic...say FSW or workshop...are just all jumbled together.....and just soon disappear off the bottom of the page. Pics are small and hard to see and are limited. Not really much content of use. And if you are looking for something...say valve clearance specs....you are out of luck.... So easy to search here for almost anything you would like to know or buy.......

And what limited content there is there.....you cant even see...let alone comment on...if you are not a member.

But...I have indeed noticed some folks that used to be here....now hanging out only on Facebook. Do they find the Facebook format better...or have they just left here after someone annoyed them too much ??

And...err....umm...if you are looking for mod help on your Facebook group...why didn't you just ask there ?? :(
It was/is another format for XWEB. Some people prefer FB over BBS forums.

I use it but hate the layout and screen formatting, much better here
It's a good thing you younger guys weren't here for XWEB v1! No thread bumping, so you'd have to go back years to find something, respond, and then hope someone else goes back years of threads to respond.

It's a good thing you younger guys weren't here for XWEB v1! No thread bumping, so you'd have to go back years to find something, respond, and then hope someone else goes back years of threads to respond.
But the chat feature was fun on Friday nights.

Back