Source for Sun Visors?

FRUNKenstein

Daily Driver
When I bought my '87 X1/9, it arrived without sun visors or mounting hardware. I see that the hardware is available at Midwest Bayless. I've searched here and online, but don't really see a source for visors. The only thing I find is threads on renovating the old ones that you already have. Ebay didn't have any used ones listed for sale. Thoughts?

Henk has some reproductions available on his website. Black or brown.

If you can't find an item on the MWB website, shoot them an email asking if they have what you are looking for.

If you can find a set that aren't in great shape, I had a place do mine - you won't get a mirror in it - but they came out fairly well. No, they don't look OE - but they're fine. No spacers were required, works with the stock hardware and are quite durable. They look pretty good in the car. No interference with the roof or latches. :)

1654208687999.png

1654208844454.png

I often make custom sun visors for my project cars. I rarely like the factory ones; they tend to not cover critical areas or aren't large enough for my preference. Especially since I've been living in this extremely bright sun lit desert - it is blinding. But my eyes have always been very sensitive to sunlight, even with sunglasses on (vampires are like that :D).

You can use a number of materials to make them. One that is durable and easy to work with is ABS sheet. I use it for the base structure, cutting it to the custom shape and size I want. Then it can be covered with any upholstery you desire. As for the hardware, sometimes I might reuse some of the original mounts. But often it will not work after making larger visors. So I use something from some other vehicle. Cruise through a wrecking year for ideas. You might even be able to use the complete donor visor.

Hank, does have them on his web sire. However they have not been in stock since late last year.
He expects to have some this or next month.

Back