Spare Tire Size

Gerald Pels

Low Mileage
Hi All- I'm currently running Achilles 122 All Season Radials -165/70R13 79H tires on my '78 x. It seems that tire is a tad too wide to fit in the spare compartment behind the passenger seat. Could someone please advise of the tire size that would fit? Thanks for your help.
-Gerry

I had a 165/70 in my ‘89 1500, fitted ok. You have to jiggle and rotate it counter clock wise to get it to sit flat

I wonder if there are any late model Fiat compact spares that would work? My 145-82/13 Michelin XAS original spare weighs a ton. Those steel wheels are heavy and to add insult to injury the XAS requires a tube. Then, there is the weight of the steel spacer plate required for those wheels. I have a vague recollection of it weighing almost twice as much as the wheels/tires on the car.

I wonder if there are any late model Fiat compact spares that would work?

That's a good idea, note that the thread I linked to predates the return of Fiat to the US. Funny that the new car parts didn't occur to me at all. :) I don't see any newish Fiat spares on Ebay. You would think there would be at least one.

Fiat 500's are now showing up regularly at the Pick n Pulls. Not many but at least every month I get an alert.

I have a late model 500 and it doesn’t come with a spare. It has a 12V pump with tire sealant.

Thanks, all. I'll try to wiggle the 165/70/13 tire in the compartment again, but it sure seems tight. The old spare I pulled out was a Michelin 145/13- very old with an innertube. That was its only demarcation.

I use a spare of Fiat Punto.
like that in picture, i think all small fiats use this from 1990 and on
E7460E37-49CB-4507-8865-3669E44FB1CB.png

Back