Steel CrMo flywheels Group Buy

andreav

True Classic
I find suplier who can made steel flywheels for X1/9 and other models / cars, mean fully customized orders.
All is made from steel 4732.4 / CrMo, in one piece with starter ring.
Possible is to made very light like under 3kg or any custom weight, like 4, 4.5kg in tolerances up to 5%.
Every flywheel is then balanced under 0.5gr disbalance ( standard ones balanced from factory are alot more than 0.5gr ).
Expected price for orders under 10 pieces is around 410-420 usd for order of 10+ will be in range of 390 usd + delivery which depends from country to country, just example for USA for flywheel up to 5 kg packed will be economic 45 usd and premium 55 usd, both are tracked just is difference in speed.

In next few days will upload 3d drawing of example flywheel for 128 and/or X1/9 5 speed model.

What weight is the group consensus?

1986 FI w 5speed. Trying to get a street car to have a little more zip, but still want a smooth idle. Expect to install a Midwest performance head later this year, already have their exhaust header installed.

Midwest-Bayless lightened steel flywheels are in the 5 to 5.5kg range. 2.7 is super light!

If you are looking for a good street clutch, then you will want it to be heavier than 2.7kg. Otherwise, you will need a lot more slip to get going at intersections. However, it looks like you can get this in different weights, which is nice. Great to have options for this type of stuff, and it looks great as well. I already have a good lightened flywheel or I would be all over this.

Midwest-Bayless lightened steel flywheels are in the 5 to 5.5kg range. 2.7 is super light!
Standard flywheel is made from different material and cant be lightened as one made from CrMo steel.
If you are looking for a good street clutch, then you will want it to be heavier than 2.7kg. Otherwise, you will need a lot more slip to get going at intersections. However, it looks like you can get this in different weights, which is nice. Great to have options for this type of stuff, and it looks great as well. I already have a good lightened flywheel or I would be all over this.
Yes you are right this one is made just as advertising how low can ge, probably it will end in one of racing engine, it is possible ti made any weight in tolerance of 5%.

This is probably documented someplace on the forum I'm sure but what is the approximate weight of stock 4 speed, 5 speed "vrs" maximum weight reduction so each will still work on the street "vrs" race ready flywheels? Target weight for each?

Back