Sticky situation, stuck second butterfly on the carburetor.

Sorry, can't figure the cause of the overflowing, but the float does possibly look out of adjustment, especially the drop (distance B on the diagram), yours looks more like twice the spec:
View attachment 74311

I just tried it and it works now ! Big thanks to all of you...

So I did bend the lug (3) a LOT... because it was going like crazy.
And I bent tang (7). but not to the distance adjustment on this schematics, because it looked non sense to be honest on my floater.
First A was exactly 7mm, and B was like 3cm...

So What I did I bring Back B to 2cm, and I bent (7) to get more like 10mm, or 12mm... just bent a bit.
It makes sense becasue if it stays open it's because of the A not enough down...

Anyway it works now... less pray that the several flooding I got from it didn't do any harm to my motor or else...

So Now I have the two barrels, I have the pump, I have no flooding !

it didn't last long,
Yesterday everything working fine. Took a ride of 30km no problem.

Today Tried to take the X out again and then it died on me after 2km in the middle of the road.
I first thought the floater problem (but the inverted problem, not enough gas) but it is not this.

I finally can make it home driving only between 5000-6000 rpm, max throttle.
It doesn't idle, it doesn't work well between 0 and 4000, it's like no gas.
Accelerating Pump is working well, so it kind of accelerate then quickly dies, unless I can reach 5000 then it barely works but at least it doesn't die on me.

Hope I didn't break anything again, each time I try to fix an issue, another one just pop up, it drives me crazy...
Now I really have no idea why the car suddenly died on me while driving.
Trying to check if it was the floater I flooded the carb again, also accel pump is working great so itsn't a lack of fuel.
I also touched nothing else than my carb so I don't see why another part of the engine will stop working suddenly.

Sad.

Now I really have no idea why the car suddenly died on me while driving.
Sounds possibly like (more) fuel blockages in the carb. What is the condition of the fuel hoses? The hoses can break down inside and cause lots of problems, especially with increased ethanol these days, so low permeation type is recommended. Have you got a fuel filter inline? The clear plastic type with paper element is ideal for diagnosis, but have a limited life time and should be a service item. For the mechanical fuel pump, you should place the filter after the pump so it doesn't cause extra priming issues on startup. There is also a fine metal filter in the big brass nut on the carb by the inlet hose. There's also a mesh on the pickup in the fuel tank, but a decent fuel filter and hoses would be my first things to check. Then of course you need to clean the carb again... You may be lucky that something's just blocking the primary jet(s), so take them out and spray through both the jets and carb from the top to begin with.

Last edited:
You might also check the pump. If you remove the fuel hose from the carb, put the end in a jar, and crank the engine, it should produce a flow of gas even at cranking speed. If it just sputters just a little gas and the lines feeding it are clear, it's likely the pump. A common failure mode is the return spring rusting until it is too short to supply enough stroke.

I've had a couple go bad.

Sounds possibly like (more) fuel blockages in the carb. What is the condition of the fuel hoses? The hoses can break down inside and cause lots of problems, especially with increased ethanol these days, so low permeation type is recommended. Have you got a fuel filter inline? The clear plastic type with paper element is ideal for diagnosis, but have a limited life time and should be a service item. For the mechanical fuel pump, you should place the filter after the pump so it doesn't cause extra priming issues on startup. There is also a fine metal filter in the big brass nut on the carb by the inlet hose. There's also a mesh on the pickup in the fuel tank, but a decent fuel filter and hoses would be my first things to check. Then of course you need to clean the carb again... You may be lucky that something's just blocking the primary jet(s), so take them out and spray through both the jets and carb from the top to begin with.
I see...
But all the hoses are new, also the pump jets etc are working, also tweaking the floaters the carbwas flooded with fuel so I dont think its a fuel pump issue ! However I take not for the fuel filter placement !

You might also check the pump. If you remove the fuel hose from the carb, put the end in a jar, and crank the engine, it should produce a flow of gas even at cranking speed. If it just sputters just a little gas and the lines feeding it are clear, it's likely the pump. A common failure mode is the return spring rusting until it is too short to supply enough stroke.

I've had a couple go bad.

Thanks, Already know this is not the issue coz tweaking the floater I got the carb flooded with fuel !

Sounds possibly like (more) fuel blockages in the carb.
The pump is receiving fuel well, so it means only the idle jets and main jets are dirty... for some reasons ? I checked them they were fine. Also it's clean inside reservoir in the carb !

Back