Stretch Belts....for fat cars?

gene cooley

Autocrosser
I bought a set of serpentine belts for my GMC Yukon, one was normally adjusted, other was stretch fit.
Anyone installed one of these?
20201119_155344.jpg

My neighbor's 2008 Mazda 3 with 2.3L uses one of these for the crank to A/C compressor belt.

According to the link on the belt sleeve, you need to follow instruction C, which calls for installation tool #91030 that looks like it helps to get the belt walked over the upper pulley.

StretchFit_C (napabeltshose.com)

My neighbor's 2008 Mazda 3 with 2.3L uses one of these for the crank to A/C compressor belt.

According to the link on the belt sleeve, you need to follow instruction C, which calls for installation tool #91030 that looks like it helps to get the belt walked over the upper pulley.

StretchFit_C (napabeltshose.com)

Thanks Dan. Since I wrote this I have been carrying this belt and the serpentine belt in the back of the truck. We towed from Central Virginia to Valdosta, Ga and back. I thought that the serpentine belt was slipping but it must have gotten something off the road that caused the slip. Hasn't happened again and both belts look good. When I do change them I'll probably just go to NAPA and rent/buy the tool and switch the belts.
Thanks for the info (and reminding me that I should read the instructions).)

Back