Stretching the wheel base

hotx19

Daily Driver
I have read that some people have stretched the Monte Carlo too the 037 wheel base without using space frames
Apparently they cut the rear of just behind the cabin are lengthened it by the correct amount and then reinforced the area
Giving you a 037 wheel base without making the space frames allowing you too build a budget replica
Has any one got any more information on this
I'm seriously thinking of doing this

And then what, lengthen the doors as well or the C pillars? Just thinking about how you would go about this. How much do you want to stretch it?

To make it the 037 wheelbase requires a 4.49" stretch. It would all be behind the doors, presumably if you were doing this, the stock shape of the rear end of the car would be altered to resemble the 037 "flare".

I can't offer any help on this, I've never even heard of it before. I suppose anything is possible, but stretching a unit body car properly would be a lot more difficult than a full frame car. And a lot more work. Personally I think constructing a tube frame is the better route, and it opens up all kinds of suspension/brake upgrades as well.

Wouldn't be too hard to do
received_498018898307772.jpeg

Back