Stroker parts including 78.4mm stroke crank and 1.6 Punto block . Anyone?

elderair

True Classic
I have been setting on enough euro parts to assemble another 1.9L stroker to bolt to our X 1/9 4 or 5spd. transaxles in our X035.jpg . Expect at least 150 bhp. I dynoed at 136whp on the rolling road with my first attempt. I'm running a 42/82 Pittatore fast road cam and dual 40 dcnf carbs and will dyno again once I switch to the dual 44 dcnfs'. I have a nice 78.4mm stilo crank plus a set of scat forged rods. Getting a set of 87mm cast 27.5 c/h pistons soon to be fitted to the 1.6 block i have. I also have a tipo head with the larger intake valves. I have the p/n's for tty head bolts and navalineasport head gasket to fit the bill. All other internals such as aux shaft, oil pump, front water jacket cover with knob for tensioner bracket to pivot on and other items such as camshaft will come as standard X1/9 parts from your favorite vendor. The rod and main bearings are X items as well since the rod and main journals are the same. Great winter project and you could have the second fastest all fiat n/a sohc X in the U.S. Mine will remain the fastest! Lol. Send me a PM if you are interested in more info. My stroker continues to please me every time I take her out. Runs as it should have run from the factory years ago. Don't re engine your X with some other marque. Be a proud Fiat owner and run Fiat parts. Anyone can strap a K20 into their X and go a zillion miles per hour. To each their own. Let me know if you want something unique in your engine bay!

It is like driving a 68 camaro small block but more fun. Near 10 lbs per hp. 127.8mph so far. Speedo and tach pegged. GPS speed for accuracy.

I'm unclear. Are you selling extra parts that you have, or offering to build and sell a completed engine?

Jeff, I could easily be wrong, but I read this as an ad for:

one x used tipo 1.6 block, 1 x used 78.4 mm stroke crankshaft, and a set of new cast low CH pistons (if they are supplied with rings and pins is unclear) to suit the long stroke is $1800usd for the 6 pieces.

SteveC

It also seems to include Scat rods and a tipo head too; it would need a thermostat adapter.

if it's all that for just $1800 then why do people even bother with the K20 idea? and there's no way any used Uno Turbo engine will cost anything like that to land / rebuild and fit, so that puts paid to that idea of the turbo route being best value for money

scat rods are about $350usd when you find them on special... a new stilo crank is about 350euro plus freight out of eastern europe

so I guess that's about $1500usd for the block/crank/head (I assume used) and a new set of cast pistons, that's good value in anyone's language.

I think the "150hp" estimate is possible for sure, but not unless you make some good decisions about cam / carbs / manifolding and have a head prepared to a level that allows it, and that's not going to happen with all standard parts.

SteveC

Steve is correct. New yugoracing cast pistons supplied oddly enough with npr Honda rings and all other parts are serviceable used. I would spend about 700 or so at the machine shop prepping the block such as skimming the mating surfaces and checking the main bores for alignment plus a balance job on the reciprocating mass. The head would require porting and an adapter for the X1/9 thermostat housing. One needs the water jacket cover from the X also for the tensioner pivot and one hole must be welded shut on the jacket cover. The pistons I have requested are equipped with 5ccm valve reliefs and the tipo head has either 33 or 36 ccm chambers. Looking at close to 10.6:1 if i do end up building it myself for an engine milder than mine. Mine was making 136whp on the rolling road and i wouldnt expect that out of this but do love the torque. A lot of my expense on both stacks of parts has been shipping from various countries. 250eu for example for my blocks, etc. Experimenters are welcome and while i dont know your assembly skills i am enjoying mine. This isn't unchartered territory and is done plenty in european countries where these parts were plentiful at one time.

Last edited:
Back