Sunday wrenching...

budgetzagato

Administrator
Day two of getting down and dirty with my new Scorpion was a mixed bag.

I found out a great deal about how this car's A/C controls and wiring are designed. Unfortunately I also found out how many kludges were done to it previously. Here's a glimpse of what I was dealing with:
IMG_0747.jpg

Here's just a sample of the P.O. wiring removed:
IMG_0748.jpg

I did discover why the heater fan switch was bypassed. Partly it was the switch, stuck from overloading. I popped it apart, cleaned up some melted plastic and got the guts straightened out, then lubed with a dab of white lithium grease. Then I went looking for the fan speed resistor, and when I found it I discovered the why of the overloading:
IMG_0745.jpg

It took a long time, a couple of hours actually, to get to the heater switch and disassemble the console enough to remove it. This offered me the opportunity to vacuum out more rodent seeds and feces though. I found quite a bit of suspect radio wiring, and some wiring that probably went to fog or driving lights. All of it came out. I'm just not a fan of speaker wire for some things besides speakers.

I managed to get it all working, except for the low speed since the resistor was damaged, and put it all back together just before dinnertime. Always quite satisfying to get it back together. Even the glove box light works now, a small miracle. At first, when I got it back together, things weren't working right then I realized I had run down the battery with the doors open for two days. Out came the charger and all is better.

As promised, here's a shot of the Biturbo wheels on the Scorpion:
IMG_0744.jpg

Pretty pleased with the work accomplished this weekend. :grin:

Looking good Greg...

Are you driving it now, or is there still stuff that needs to be done before she's a runner?

Pete

Looks great. I can see this car becoming what we all wish a Scorpion could be.

I saw a black one on Craigslist in the Cleveland area when I was. Insisting my sister. I was sorely tempted to call about it.

Keep the updates coming, and thanks for taking some pics. We all love pics.

Last edited:
Back