The Abarth X1/9 Prototipo/Stradale Thread

Well I guess he's planning to fit them to that recently acquired Faza-ised car with flared bodywork, so that means it won't be overcapitalised.
If he's really worried about the cost, i guess he could buy some spinners from his local accesory shop . . .:pimp: LOL!

Shipping??

I'm more afraid of the list price than the shipping.....didn't see prices anywhere. I wonder if Chris has any used one's in stock.

Babelfish

Hello, the transport costs 300,00 euros air mail, and 180,00 surface! If you not have contacts with shippers of your acquaintance in Italy for me there are problems! Salutes and thanks David

300.00 EUR = 409.825 USD

from Al Cosentino's treasure

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fazacat.gif

alcfaza3.jpg

aaaa-1.jpg

alcfaza.jpg

alcfaza2.jpg

Funny. Greg I just found that site and signed up as a member... You know where that guy recently posted those photos.....I just never got around to loading the pics up....

Hi,

very nice pics! Where did you make them? Do you know if Al sold this car? Is it still existing?

DouaneEstill, these pics show the stradale, it was the only car that was built for the homologation. Pianta was making tests in the streets of Torino, he confirmed this. This car was bought by Al and should be still in his hands.

I heared, that Al sold all of his things to an Australian, he shall be called Miller. Does someone of you know something about that? Does someone of you know, how Al's health is?

Regards, Alex

QUestion

Is that the original Consentino car in the Florida shop picture?

It's not quite a question of looks if it is the original. It's a question of why King Al did that setup. Because if he raced it, he won in it and it would therefore have been functionally relevant to the overall race-prep of the car. I'm wondering if the green and white one was one of Al's prepared engines or one he bought from the factory. Would love to see under the bonnet.

This green and white x was built by Cosentino himself in USA.The rear lower apron/spoiler or however you wanna call it,was built out of a series 1 Rx-7 racing rear spoiler if i remember well.Its mentioned in his books.The flares are Helvetia -Milano.
May i ask when were this pictures taken and where?....thanks,..Al

Yes the fenders look like these "Helvetia-Milano" fenders. They were used by Valtellina Racing (instead of the original aluminum Filipinetti fenders in 1974), Trivellato and Radbourne.
There must been a source of these "Helvetia-Milano" fenders where these racing companies have bought them. Maybe Al Cosentino has bought on one of his trips to Italy these fenders...

Here is the Trivelatto:
Triv_2.jpg

x19-trivellato1.jpg

Last edited:
hi Dierk,longtime haven`t heard about you.How`s married life?....
On the Helvetia-Milano flares,its my believe Cosentino used to sell them and actually had them advertised in his catalogs for various kind of cars like Fiat,Alfa,MB,Ford etc....
You should have posted pics of your Filipinetti X sporting this same flares back in its days in Puerto Rico!!!.....
Check you email,will be emailing you soon.Later my friend,...Albert

Back