The compact aluminum oil filter housing mod

NigelProdrive

True Classic
Dumping photos from my phone and thought this might be post worthy for anyone removing their AC and/or installing bulky intake system that needs to make space.

Here is what the compact size much lighter than original cast iron oil filter housing for AC compressor available off some Fiats looks like.

D0616FAE-0E2F-411C-B35E-51BD2F563EC0.jpeg
400A7562-E490-427D-A847-534ADD9FCB22.jpeg

Dumping photos from my phone and thought this might be post worthy for anyone removing their AC and/or installing bulky intake system that needs to make space.

Here is what the compact size much lighter than original cast iron oil filter housing for AC compressor available off some Fiats looks like.

View attachment 67454View attachment 67455
I just installed this lighter weight bracket and am now finding that there is not enough clearance for my original filter to fit between the bracket and crossmember. What oil filter did I use?

I just installed this lighter weight bracket and am now finding that there is not enough clearance for my original filter to fit between the bracket and crossmember. What oil filter did I use?
PH3950 I think. Going by a saved box top and not digging through all the receipts. And that is with a oil cooler sandwich plate so there may be a longer one that fits without the sandwich plate.

Last edited:
Isn't that the standard 124 oil filter/alternator mount for 1975 and later spiders?

Maybe an oil filter mount from a ritmo/regata dohc would be a good fit into a monte? Has the alternator bracketing, and it puts the filter sideways...
regata 100s oil filter mount.jpg

I've got a few of these as the air conditioning kits that came for the dealer fitted air on this model came with an alternate mount that allows room for the air cond compressor and an alternator, so most were removed from brand new cars that had an air con dealer fit kit requested at purchase

SteveC

The oil filter bracket for the spiders that have the alternator on the right side of the motor is even smaller than the one shown in Nige's picture since it has no extra support for an alternator.

Back