The "I'd Pay Stupid Money For......" Thread

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
What do you folks think about a sticky thread that lists the one or few things that you would pay shall we say GENEROUS amounts of money for?

If I were going to start, I would have two items:

A. A set of Bertone "b" or Cromodora-oval center caps that fit Cromodora CD-58 and CD-27 wheels.cromodora.jpg

B. A NOS (new old stock) inside rearview mirror, FIAT part number 4246053

A. Aluminum spoiler tips
B. NOS or reman A/C compressor
C. Decent 13” tires (especially raised white letters)
D. Someone to professionally time and tune my engine :)

Eastep, the PC saying is: Strippers & Cocaine

To see my engine again! It's been at the race shop for over 10 months now. All I can say is this best be the highest performance 1300 street motor ever built! I have seen a couple pics and hope to take pics when they lay it all out for assembly this week but I'm not holding my breath.

1300 Block w.jpg ICSUNONOVE Caps.jpg

The block was painted yellow to match the ICSUNONOVE emblems which will mount on lime green metallic fenders.

Attachments

• ICSUNONOVE.jpg
    ICSUNONOVE.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
A front bumper to match my rear Montecarlo bumper. I'd just bend right over for ya... Same goes for the Double Bubble roof section.

(And of course, X2 for hookers & blow.)

Darwoodious, if your name was Jay Leno you would have those wheels custom made for you like Jay did for his 1000hp Toronado!

The first thing that comes to mind is, why would I want to publicize how badly I’m seeking a particular part and that I’m willing to pay whatever it takes to obtain it? All that would do is bring opportunistic sellers out of the woodwork and charge an arm and a leg for stuff I really need.

What do you folks think about a sticky thread that lists the one or few things that you would pay shall we say GENEROUS amounts of money for?

If I were going to start, I would have two items:

A. A set of Bertone "b" or Cromodora-oval center caps that fit Cromodora CD-58 and CD-27 wheels.View attachment 23515

Got them. My '79 came with CD-58s with the Cromodora center caps - purchased in a junk yard by the 2nd owner.

I also have a set of center caps for the CD-27s although I don't have any CD-27's. They're imprinted with "Cromodora" if I recall correctly. I bought them for a generous amount years ago thinking they were for my CD-58's, but hung onto them thinking if I ever score some CD-27s, but I might be interested in selling....

Larry
'79 X19
'18 124 Spider

Got them. My '79 came with CD-58s with the Cromodora center caps - purchased in a junk yard by the 2nd owner.

I also have a set of center caps for the CD-27s although I don't have any CD-27's. They're imprinted with "Cromodora" if I recall correctly. I bought them for a generous amount years ago thinking they were for my CD-58's, but hung onto them thinking if I ever score some CD-27s, but I might be interested in selling....

Larry
'79 X19
'18 124 Spider
Hi Larry,
I was under the impression that the center caps for CD-27s will fit CD-58s. Based on published pics (see this post from Dr. Jeff, for example) I was also under the impression that CD-27s centercaps were black and had a raised, silver Bertone "b" logo.

If the center caps you have for the CD-27s also fit CD-58s, and they are "Cromodora" within an oval outline, and they are in good shape, and you are interested in selling (that's a lot of "ands" LOL) , I would be interested in buying.

Back