The strangest thing...

Doug Beam

orange 74
Ebay seems to have closed, suspended, denied access to any auction relating to anything FIAT related for the next 6 and a half days. I guess the is no reason for anyone to even try and look at any FIAT auctions on there until 11/14 or so. Repeated emails to Ebay of course got no satisfying answer. I guess everyone can go back and begin shopping again then. Just a heads up for everyone...

Okay now...So what exactly is it

that you don't want us to see, or bid against you on - lol.

J/K but it seems to be working fine for me. I just was on there and it's showing about 1057 items for a search under "Fiat X1/9".

T

hmmmm what could you be possibly trying to hide

I betcha Jim Decker knows ;)

I wonder what it will go for

Good Call Mr. Shaw

Just to be straight, I have no interest in the item. Just starting the conversation. Bid away everyone!

HA!!

I do wonder. I will be watching for sure.

Hmmm... I better go check that box in the basement just to be sure it isn't empty. ;)

Already up to $501.00. Why are people bidding it up with 5 days left on the auction? I never did understand that theory. I can only imagine what the final number will be. I was hoping to get in on the bidding on the last day, but it might be more money than it's worth to me.

The same bidder is also bidding up the 1974 bumpers for sale as well. Those are currently $160.00 on the first day of the auction as well.

I'll fess up...

I am prepared to bid the saratoga to, well I wont say, and the bumpers to 300.

I don't get not putting in a high bid that's about 60-75 percent of where you are willing to pay, right away, and chase away the non serious "bidding just to bid" competitors. If someone wants it more than me they'll bid it. I got my 79 this way and a few other rare, hard to find, items.

If anyone else is really serious about getting this email me and we can discuss where I am prepared to stop...

I've only felt like I overpaid two times (and not so bad really) but I like the stuff i got and now that I've recovered financially (somewhat), I wouldn't sell it for any less - as long as I have at least one x it could go on.

Some things they just don't make anymore and they are worth having, maybe if not for now but maybe for later to sell to an even more motivated buyer...

I don't expect everyone to agree with this, but it doesn't make sense to me to make a low ball bid on a "high reserve item" when there is zero chance it will win. What's the point? When I really want something, I bid until I find the reserve or until I max out what I am willing to pay. Then, see who wants it more...

Just hope that one day you have something extremely rare that I really want... :)
Tommy

Last edited:
I hate you Jim D !!!! (lol)

I made my bid on e-bay and on the last 30 seconds the price goes up from 651 to 1725, i was already to pay 950.00 also i checked my bills and my bank account to see if i can hide to my wife this crazy auction, and finally some more crazy than me and many of us paid 1725.00!!!

Ok. Jim now you know how you are!
(one to the proudest owners of a SARATOGA ROOF)
Congratullations Jim, now we know the current value of your GEM!

and Congratullations to the winner!

ebaysaratogadz6.jpg

extrasmallrbrbadgenw9.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79

Dang, Ricardo!

You ought to go into business hand crafting and selling your "Ricardo Tops" :eek:

I came in 2nd

I waited until about 30 seconds to go while it was at $651.00. I threw in 2 quick bids and was instantly outbid both times. Maybe I'll get a 2nd chance offer if the sale falls through. Maybe the winner will make him or herself known. Hey Jim, let me know if you want to sell yours :D

I guess I need to find out

who lost out at $1,725.00. That sounds like my kind of buyer!! ;)

Sounds like there were at least two people running "sniper" bidding software to run the bidding up that fast at the end. That's a LOT of last second activity.

Just one more peek for you guys. :)

mine! Mine! MINE!!! All mine!! ;)

Thanks for the Congrats Ricardo and...

yes very Crazy indeed! But sometimes you just have got to have the Unobtainium!!! Didn't want to go that high but (after many days of torturing myself) I put in my high bid of $1800 with about 2 minutes to go figuring there would probably be someone as crazy...then good ol' Bob raised the bar twice...$1501 & $1701.
So no snipping JD because once the bid is that high the levels increase at $25 a clip.So Bob's bid automatically moved my max up to $1726... Oh well there goes the Xmas Bonus and stop teasing Jim because you ain't selling!

Greg

Congrats! Greg

I thought I was bidding against Tommy. It looks like he got out at $750. Yes the price was as crazy as I thought it would be. How can you put a price on Unobtainium. It will probably be a very long time to see another one for sale if we see one at all. Greg, enjoy the saratoga top. If you change your mind I would gladly accept the 2nd chance offer.

Welcome to Saratoga top owners club

I joined the club this spring via Ebay UK. Thank you for making my top seem reasonably priced.

I think the Sagatoga top is the best accessory I ever got for my X1/9. It looks so good when driving that I never want to take it off and put the other top on. I have used this top only since middle of September on my X1/9 as a daily driver. I know I should be protecting it, but use the top and enjoy it.

Congrats Greg!!

Enjoy the top. I keep mine in a box in the basement and have only used it a few times.
Make sure the seller crates it up securely if you are having it shipped. If the seller is fairly close to you (i.e. within a few hundred miles), it would be a good idea to go pick it up. Gas is pretty cheap again. :)

Back