The Targa top; some examples and a brief history

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
I saw a article that is mostly about the Porsche 911 Targa, but also about Targas in general. It discusses why the overall idea of a Targa came to be, and toward the later part of the article is some interesting historical info on the development of the whole targa top concept prior to Porsche (which includes Fiat...see, there is Fiat content ;)). In addition there are some examples of variations on the Targa theme that Porsche has done, which I think would be very cool ideas to customize a X1/9's top (as some members are doing, including myself). Therefore I'll also link this to the other thread about custom/modified X1/9 design ideas.

Here is the article:

[If this is considered as non-Fiat content then please move it accordingly - thanks.]

Hey, I wrote that article! Glad you enjoyed it
Really? I see the initials are the same but I didn't know your full name so didn't realize that was you. Excellent to know it's the work of one of our own. Thanks for it. Perhaps you have some additional research material that didn't make it into the article?

You may be interested in the comments I made in the thread about customizing X's (post #113):

Back