Third brake light details & daytime photos

Arizonax19

True Classic
Again the Kit is made by BULLY and it's for trucks, until now that is. I used the supplied mounting tape and mounted the strips along the back edge of the trunk lid. I'll probably drill a few small holes every three inches and use some #4 screws to secure it better. You can see where it's already coming loose in the middle.

With the rain tray removed, the engine cover was loose and rattling anyway so I thought this would be a good place to put it. It fits perfectly with no adjustment needed to the trunk or the engine cover. The kit is designed to work off of a flat 4 wire trailer connector. I got one at walmart and just hooked up the brake light wires...
IMG_0971.jpg

See the lip that runs 90 degrees from the sightline of the LED's? See how it's attached to the back edge of the trunk? Drilling a few small holes to secure it wil not leave any outwardly visible marks even if you do decide to remove it later...
IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Look closely above the trunk line and you will see the unlit LED strips...
IMG_0953.jpg

Closer view...
IMG_0954.jpg

Center View -- yes it only comes in pieces and not a solid 48" line.
IMG_0955.jpg

Daylite View from about 30 feet...
IMG_0957.jpg

From about 15 feet...
IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:
Okay now,

Looks good, how much and where did you find it?

TonyK

Grimsby Ont. Canada.

Checker Auto Parts 35.00 - 5.00 for the pigtail at walmart

It works for now and will do the job until I can find or make a single 50" length...

Tommy

It works for now and will do the job until I can find or make a single 50" length...

What about flexible LED rope-light? It's available in lengths larger than 50" and can be cut-down to the desired length. I've used it in stage scenery and it holds its own (i.e. it can still be seen, just) against the main lighting so it could be bright enough. The stuff I've used ran on mains voltage, but a quick google shows that you can get a 12v version too [link].

Back