This Dallara w/Honda B20-B16 Is Up For Sale Again

The pix posted do show that the crease in the nosecone between the drivers side headlight bucket and the center badge is still there; windshield looks to have been replaced.

OK, I guess I didnt look hard enough. Looked like a reflection, but I see it on closer inspection.

I've found that with this kind of build it is best to take your cost estimate "Odie's" and multiply by 50 percent. That will give you more real life numbers. Just take Odie's B20/B16 $1000 cost, in my experience that is way to low. Maybe for a 100k+ mile engine(s). I'd say $3k for the lump once all is said and done. For a 40K mile block and seperate 40k mile VTEC head they will need to come from Japan via JDM. And a 20B/16B is a frankenstein engine assembled from two different engines as Honda didn't make a 2L B-series Vtec.

If after a look at this X and say it is relatively well done then what he is asking is quite reasonable. On my custom '74 performance resto I already have over $25K into it in parts and engine build. Part costs can really add up when one wants the rare and best and doesn't set a spending limit!

I've found that with this kind of build it is best to take your cost estimate "Odie's" and multiply by 50 percent. That will give you more real life numbers. Just take Odie's B20/B16 $1000 cost, in my experience that is way to low. Maybe for a 100k+ mile engine(s). I'd say $3k for the lump once all is said and done. For a 40K mile block and seperate 40k mile VTEC head they will need to come from Japan via JDM. And a 20B/16B is a frankenstein engine assembled from two different engines as Honda didn't make a 2L B-series Vtec.

If after a look at this X and say it is relatively well done then what he is asking is quite reasonable. On my custom '74 performance resto I already have over $25K into it in parts and engine build. Part costs can really add up when one wants the rare and best and doesn't set a spending limit!
First I agree the cost is reasonable leaning to a good buy.

the B20/vtec is a Frankenstein motor. b20b or b20z bottom end with a b series vtec (he already stated his is a b16) the bottome end can be found in honda Cr-v and the Vtec head can be form any b series with a vtec, some are better than others, but they all will work. all of these can be sourced from USA or JDM.

My b20 vtec is pretty close as I have been researching it for mine. $500 for a ebay JDM 50k. $300 for a head (he did say Stock) 200 for a b20 vtec kit. the rest of the cost he listed separate.

1000 B20 with stock B16 vtec head. All new gaskets, seals, bearings, rings. B16vtec head is stock unworked with stock valves and stock b16vtec cams.
100 Stock crank and rods machined/trued for ARP rod bolts.
400 Pistons are 12:1 PR3 style to work with the B16vtec cylinder head. cometic head gasket
200 ARP head studs.
I forgot about the gasket kit. so add $100.

Odie

When you're modifying a car, especially a racecar, you are rarely going to recoup 10% of the cost when you sell it.
Just the way it works.
That's why so many racecars end up getting parted out. This car is a good example, wonder how much it will eventually sell for?

Back