Thoughts on a 128...

It's been awhile but I assume the tires were 185/60/13s since I would run the same size tires as my Xs. I think I sold the wheels and tires to Courtney years ago (delivered them to him at Carlisle after taking the passenger seat out of my Miata to bring them up). I don't recall any rear tire rubbing issues but I do recall that there is not all that much room under the rear fenders of 128s.

Maybe my alignment settings weren't proper but I never got used to flooring the motor when going through corners for maximum cornering on the track or street. Even the 128 wagon I sold to CG exhibited the same characteristics. Both those cars had a 1500 with header and larger carb. Oddly, I loved driving my 128 SL with the perfect paint over a bondo/rust body and it eventually fell apart under me.

1600 16 valve twin cam from a bravo / brava etc... available south of the border in the southern americas... and fits the stock transmission.

That's If you dont mind the thought of a couple of carbies hanging thru the front grille beside the radiator...

SteveC

Kind of thinking awd would be fun, but what Fiat had awd and would be sporty?
well they did have a model that won 6 WRC's on the trot... that was AWD and turbocharged.

Integrale.

In the states you may have seen a Fiat product that was AWD, did you get the Alfa 155QV4? that was basically the last iteration of lampredi's 8 valve with a turbocharger, and all wheel drive running gear derived from the Delta .

SteveC

Weren't some folks putting the spider twin cam into Lada Nivas (which we never got in the US).

So, I have a 128 2 door which has been a race car for much of it's life. I have a performance motor, cam, lightened flywheel, LSD 4 speed, and more to go in it, but before I do, I was thinking about what else existed out there that I could use instead.

Newer 500 motor?
I think 500x with AWD would be fun!
Others?

Just thinking of options, and would like to hear from others.

Thanks!
Well, if you don't use the performance goodies you have for the SOHC I'd love to take them off your hands.

Hello new here from Australia there is a guy in New Zealand who has a Lancia Delta rear wheel drive it’s a beast, l have only seen it in photos not in the flesh.

Back