Title Issues-State by state classic car friendly comparison

Hi - do know if that got trucked through Indy on it's way to you? I was driving my spider around about a month ago and pulled up next to a flatbed with a red later model spider on it :).

California second to last?! The emissions restrictions are only '76 and newer, and it lists road conditions as poor? I can't agree with that, I think our roads are pretty smooth. Plus the tax is based on 'stated' purchase price, so there is some wiggle there... As long as you're '75 or earlier that's easily another 200 points... Plus, if you know where and when to go, I don't find the traffic that bad... I drive a classic car daily, year round....😁

Funny, I may have seen it (don't recall stripes but did see it had no bumbers) - I called out to the guy in the passenger seat and asked what are the odds (of two spiders passing in the evening :)). Should have flagged him down to chat. Best, Loren

I drive a classic car daily, year round
I drive a Fedex box truck for a living, and in my area (southern Indiana) there is a helluva lot of big diesel trucks and people that seem to go out of their way to try to run over you. I admit to having a lot of anxiety about getting my tiny cars on the road around here. I can't imagine what it's like in California with so many people.

The big complaint about Virginia, my state, is limited use with antique plates. The reality is we all drive our antique plated cars all the time and totally ignore that requirement with no problem. It's nice that the normal looking yellow antique plate looks just like the normal yellow standard plate the state offers. A big problem is the state does not want you showing up to the DMV with just a bill of sale without title. So any time I see a Fiat for sale with no title my eyes just glaze over.

You have the option of leaving outside until it rusts away.
The first car I took to the crusher was basically that. An Alfetta sport sedan. I did get a nearly new perfectly working thermostatic actuator from that car though.

Back