TMH calling it quits at the end of the year :(

think jedi

True Classic
I don't know if any of you heard yet, but I got an email from Linda and Rod at TMH and they're going to be retiring and closing up TMH. They are hoping to find someone to keep the business going. If no one steps up, they'll close on Dec 31, 2021, so if you need parts from them, don't sleep on it. Better yet, buy their business!

tJ

I don't know if any of you heard yet, but I got an email from Linda and Rod at TMH and they're going to be retiring and closing up TMH. They are hoping to find someone to keep the business going. If no one steps up, they'll close on Dec 31, 2021, so if you need parts from them, don't sleep on it. Better yet, buy their business!

tJ
As a newbie, I’ve never heard of them. Is there a link?

I do hope someone buys the business and continues to offer the specialized parts unique to the Scorpacarlo…

One of these cars is still on my list.

I got the email as well. Really hopeful that someone else (maybe Eurosport, as others have said) can take on the business and keep up with parts production.

Do I finally buy a pair of Montecarlo bumpers before time runs out and stock is depleted? I don't think anyone else besides TMH supplies those right now.

I looked into buying TMH as I already own a factory that could build much of the stuff. Just not a lot there, it would be an ok business for a retired person to supplement an income but not much else. Hate to say it but unless a person branches out to other cars it is kind of a dead end business with only about 5000 cars built world wide and many of these cars gone now and most not being driven regularly I can not see the demand for parts going long tern. It would be nice if another company that specializes in these cars (Midwest, Fiat plus or?) buy the tooling to produce some of the limited demand items.
Jay

I looked into buying TMH as I already own a factory that could build much of the stuff. Just not a lot there, it would be an ok business for a retired person to supplement an income but not much else. Hate to say it but unless a person branches out to other cars it is kind of a dead end business with only about 5000 cars built world wide and many of these cars gone now and most not being driven regularly I can not see the demand for parts going long tern. It would be nice if another company that specializes in these cars (Midwest, Fiat plus or?) buy the tooling to produce some of the limited demand items.
Jay
Unfortunate but true.

They have a lot of unique stuff and some inventory however looking at the books, annual profits do not add up to enough of a full time income to justify the expense unless some one lives near by such that they could move it all them selves and is looking for a part time job and a part time in come I can not see it making much sense unless it is to add to an already existing business perhaps supplying parts to another low production car. Sad but it is what it is. I have already seen this happen with parts for another car I own a Puma. (inherited, not some thing I would have gone looking for)

J

I would think the vast majority of TMH's business is to European customers, extra shipping costs may not go over well if the store relocated to the U.S.

I just had a nice email exchange with Linda about the shop closing and also asking for a shipping quote on a set of Montecaro bumpers -- the shipping is more than the bumpers themselves :oops:

Linda tells me there's lots of interest in purchasing the store, so hopefully a new TMH owner will be found eventually or the business will be folded into another existing parts store. The latter might make more sense.

Back