To help ease the boredom...

Tom Ginefra

True Classic
For those like myself, who are not currently able to either drive their cars or work on them, below is a paper model I recently finished. I can't remember where I got the link for the original file, (it may have been from here) but I think it turned out pretty spiffy. So, if you need to kill a couple of hours, (or more) I've attached the downloaded jpeg that this was printed from. Feel free to build your own version. The bonus for me personally is the original photos that were used to create this, happen to be of an X that's the same color as mine!

Resized_20200329_172710.jpeg
Resized_20200329_172723.jpeg
Resized_20200329_172732.jpeg
Resized_20200329_172739.jpeg
Resized_20200329_172818.jpeg
Resized_20200329_172828.jpeg
paperXred.jpg

I just took my wife for a drive in the 85X. It is 67F and very windy here in STL, so I turned the heat on just a bit. There were lots of folks out walking and the parking lot at the local trail head was full, so people are enjoying the "nice" day. Looks like the week will be wet and cold with lots of "indoor" time. :(

Here are a couple lines regarding spring that have lingered in my memory for years. They come back to me each winter as it drags on. The lines are taken from Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem, "Work Without Hope":

And Winter slumbering in the open air,
Wears on his smiling face a dream of Spring!

Come on spring weather!!! I am ready!! :)

Good for you, Jim! I wish I was in your shoes. I'm champing at the bit for my new motor to be finished. But there's so much going on with everyone right now, I don't know when that's going to happen. Between being stuck in my house for the last two weeks (where we're all starting to get on each other's nerves) and the car not being close by to work on, I feel like I really need to get away. But of course, you can't go anywhere!

The local county has blocked off all the entrances to our county parks...that's how crowded they were becoming. When you live in the "burbs" you don't need a park, just head out your front door and then find out how out of shape you are.

It's interesting that the X is very much from the wedge and straight line school of design that you can make almost an exact replica just from folded paper. Try that with an Abarth double bubble.

The local county has blocked off all the entrances to our county parks...that's how crowded they were becoming. When you live in the "burbs" you don't need a park, just head out your front door and then find out how out of shape you are.

It's interesting that the X is very much from the wedge and straight line school of design that you can make almost an exact replica just from folded paper. Try that with an Abarth double bubble.

Amen. I say that is a testament to the original design. Try that with just about any modern design, too.
The nice thing about living here in the West, at least most places outside of the big cities, is that there is more outside available than a few trails. Oddly, the few trails are almost packed. The mind boggles. Why, when there is so much non-trail outdoors?

The governor of Virginia just issued a state wide social lockdown. Trying to decide if that means I can't go for a drive by myself.

The governor of Virginia just issued a state wide social lockdown. Trying to decide if that means I can't go for a drive by myself.

In province of Québec, we can't change regions. If I want to go for a ride, that's fine, but police will prevent me from entering in Montreal (easy, it's an island with a limited number of bridges) or some other regions, unless I have a really good reason. Yes, officer, I'm a doctor. I'm going to do a chirurgy on a X19...:rolleyes:

Only essential journeys allowed over here. People where driving to parks and outdoor areas to go for a walk with hundreds of others doing the same, totally defeated the idea of ‘isolation’ so the UK Gov clamped down on such outings. Which means no driving the X :(

Yeah, the problem is that most of the people driving around aren't just driving, they're going somewhere. That makes sense for 97% of the population, but those of us who get in the car and stay in the car driving around only ever to stop to fuel up are gonna get screwed by the "normals".

I don't think the police really want to pull over anyone as any driver would pose an unknown virus threat.

Back