Tom Dotter, owner of Aspen Import Auto

Aspen Import Auto

Daily Driver
We haven't posted here in a bit, mostly because we were up to our eyeballs in Fiats. Then we had to make this announcement:

On May 7th 2019, the world became a little darker for the family and friends of our father, Tommie Lee Dotter (known as Tom) who suffered a heart attack followed by a catastrophic stroke and subsequently passed due to his injuries at 4:25PM.

Tom was a Military Veteran who attended West Point and later was a member of the reserves, he was a very active man in many areas: He ran his own automotive repair shop “Aspen Import Auto”, was an active member of The National speleological society and caving community as a whole, a member of the Rocky Mountain Fiat Lancia club, he had been involved in Boy Scouts of America where he assisted several scouts (including his son) in achieving the rank of Eagle Scout. It would take much too long to list all of Tom’s activities, clubs and accomplishments, So we will simply say,

Tom will be dearly missed by all who knew him.

Tom's daughter Ginger, not only lost her father, but also her livelihood with his passing. In addition to her loss, she is also dealing with assisting her husband as he undergoes chemo and radiation for two brain tumors. You can learn more and help the family here:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/memorialfortom

The Celebration of Life was June 14th, and we are currently working on what's next. Here's the latest update:

All who have been so helpful in this time,

My sister and I would like to say to all the wonderful people who have been willing to help in whatever manner they could, The people who offered to help in all manners, whether it be helping with arrangements for the funeral, the celebration of life, dealing with the matter of Tom's Shop (which is still on-going and we will be putting out notices as to what is happening on that front), or donating to the Go Fund Me campaign (please visit https://www.gofundme.com/f/memorialfortom) that has helped allow us to pay appropriate respects to our father.

There simply are not words to express how we feel about the abundance of love and support we have received from family, friends, customers, suppliers, and even people we had never met. Please accept our most sincere Thanks for all that everyone has done to make this very difficult time a little more bearable.

Thank you all!

Matt Dotter and Ginger Warner Dotter

We are all sorry for your loss. Although I had never met him, I have heard of him many times in the years I have been in Los Angeles and here in Michigan. He had a broad effect on many folks far and near.

I have read other accounts of him on Mira and it is clear he was a great human being, friend, husband and father.

We wish you all the best as you move forward with your lives fortified with the grace and values you clearly received from him.

Back